Backhoes and rim guard

/ Backhoes and rim guard #1  

MikeMainekubota

Tractor
Kubota/ B2650 Cab Loader/ Backhoe
I read having a BH not to load the tires? My dealer made no mention of this.
Can someone explain why and possible issues?
Thanks

/ Backhoes and rim guard #2  
It has bees said that loaded tires put stress on the outriggers and makes the tractor harder to move around, I have loaded tires "Rim guard" and a BH no problems.
My dealer told me it's not a problem other dealers and people will disagree, it was offered free when I bought it new so I went for it.

/ Backhoes and rim guard #3  
I never heard this. I guess with a permanent BH mounted, you have plenty of weight, so why suffer the negative consequences of filled tires?

/ Backhoes and rim guard
Well it's not permanently mounted, and I'm not aware of the negative consequences of filled tires.

/ Backhoes and rim guard
How is the loaded tires putting stress on the stabilizers??? Not sure i understand.

/ Backhoes and rim guard #6  
I guess lifting the back end off the ground with the extra weight is why some say it hard on the riggers, also when trying to move the tractor over your ditch the extra weight makes it a little harder on the hoe.
My BH is on the tractor about 50% of the time so its nice to have the extra weight when it's not on.
Like I said I don't have any problems.

/ Backhoes and rim guard #7  
The Owners manual of my L39 says not to run loaded tires with a BH

Note Picture of 750 lbs of wheel weight on my tractor with hoe. I need the weight.

Attachments

• 20171022_114651 (1280x768).jpg
    20171022_114651 (1280x768).jpg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 208
   / Backhoes and rim guard #8  
The owner's manual for my BX-25 advises you not to load the tires with the back hoe. When I plowed snow in the wintertime using a rear blade, I used a second set of loaded rear tires. I was able to find a gently used set in the local classifieds for this.

/ Backhoes and rim guard #9  
My B21/BT751 manual recommends rear tire liquid ballast but says it should be removed when the backhoe is in place. Oh yeah, right! Who is going to add and remove liquid ballast?

The added stress on the stabilizers should be small in comparison to the added load when digging with the backhoe, IMO.

/ Backhoes and rim guard #10  
I used loaded tires for many years on my L3010, L3430, L6060 and MX5800 with BH90 and BH92 hoes. All the tractors had R4 tires which weigh more than R1's. I can't speak for hoes used on the B series Kubotas but the stabilizers on the BH90 and BH92 hoes lift the tractors with loaded tires completely off the ground. I never had any problems.