L4240 glow plug relay

/ L4240 glow plug relay #1  

Moondoggy

Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC,1984 JD 750,Troy Bilt Horse tiller
Hey, I have a 2010 L4240HSTC-3 that won't start without the block heater when it's cold. I've heard Kubota used the wrong relays in some tractors. My glow plug light, lights and shuts off after a few seconds but no start. When I inspected the relay one spade was blued. The parts manual shows part # T1850-33710 and there are two. My question is to anyone with experience: Is this the same relay or an upgraded version? Thanks.

/ L4240 glow plug relay #2  
Can only comment that it is an active part number And Is used on a host of newer model tractors. It also doesn稚 supersede any other P/N痴.

Used on:
B2650
B3350
L3240-3
L3301
And 60 others.

Cost: $19.53

/ L4240 glow plug relay #3  
Maybe you could PM the fred i remember he had a similar problem, I'm sure he will give you an answer since he hates his tractor!!

/ L4240 glow plug relay #4  
Replaced the relay in my L3240 last week. There is a new relay with terminals that are 3x the size of the old terminals. It is the middle relay behind the instrument panel. There Is you tube video showing replacement of the relay.

/ L4240 glow plug relay
Replaced the relay in my L3240 last week. There is a new relay with terminals that are 3x the size of the old terminals. It is the middle relay behind the instrument panel. There Is you tube video showing replacement of the relay.

Thanks. I saw that video, same tractor as mine. Good to hear it worked for you. I ordered a new relay from the dealer, I will now change it to the part in the video which was #RD451-54210.

/ L4240 glow plug relay #6  

I assume this means the wires will need new terminals to match the 3x larger terminal relays.

So I can plan ahead. What size/type wire terminals are needed?

/ L4240 glow plug relay
I assume this means the wires will need new terminals to match the 3x larger terminal relays.

So I can plan ahead. What size/type wire terminals are needed?

I just returned from the dealer with the relay and luckily it popped right in. A little tighter fit than the original one but that's a good thang! Now to see if it fixed my problem.

/ L4240 glow plug relay #8  
I've started my 4240 in temps below zero with no problems. Sometimes I'll wait for the light to go out, turn the key off then on again, and wait for it to go out a second time but it's not needed. If it's below 40 my light will stay on for more than a few seconds. I do have a block heater but rarely do I plan ahead far enough to plug it in so the tractor is ready (since I don't use it daily). Hopefully you are all set now.

/ L4240 glow plug relay #9  
Moondoggy,

So now that you've had the chance to use the new relay for over a year, has the new glow plug relay improved your starting in cold weather?

/ L4240 glow plug relay
Absolutely. The light stays on longer and it fires right up. If it's really cold out I usually plug it in for an hour or two so I don't have to wait so long for warm up. Mine is pre-emissions so below zero you get a nice smoke screen. I love the smell of diesel in the morning!