Snowsport Plow on my BX2230

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230
The Snowsport snowplow performed like a champ with our (NH) first 6" snowstorm. Have the rear Blizzard Blower, but just needed it to clear a path to my oil and Propane fills. The Snowsport plow cut my plow time in half and it didn't scalp the unfrozen grassy areas. Here is a video link. Hopefully it opens.

Shared album - Joe Scotti - Google Photos

Installed a pigtail on my battery for the NOCO battery tender, added the canopy and installed an OEM Block Heater this week. Thanks to contributors.

Just ordered a set of 4 led lights two for the front and back. Hopefully I'll get them installed before my next chemo infusion on the 19th!
Another video....

Snowsport plow on BX2230 12/17 - YouTube

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #23  
Very little to no spill over too. I like it!

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #24  
BTW the TerraGrips rear tire chains work great also!

Nice setup! I think you'll be fine with lighter snow accumulations and pushing straight ahead. That's a pretty wide blade so the BX would probably struggle with deep snow or pushing large piles or drifts and the BX is also pretty light to throw much snow to the side with the blade. But those are all things that nice blower on the back will do when needed.

Just a suggestion re. operating the BX... it sounded like the engine rpm's were pretty low and the HST was whining some on that one video. It's your tractor, of course, but BX's are famous for wanting the engined revved up pretty high to make full hydraulic flow. I've always run mine at near wide open when mowing, for example. That's different from old school tractors that were happy to putt-putt around at low rpm's, but the BX seems to thrive on being wound up. Good luck with your new snow clearing beast!

Nice setup! I think you'll be fine with lighter snow accumulations and pushing straight ahead. That's a pretty wide blade so the BX would probably struggle with deep snow or pushing large piles or drifts and the BX is also pretty light to throw much snow to the side with the blade. But those are all things that nice blower on the back will do when needed.

Just a suggestion re. operating the BX... it sounded like the engine rpm's were pretty low and the HST was whining some on that one video. It's your tractor, of course, but BX's are famous for wanting the engined revved up pretty high to make full hydraulic flow. I've always run mine at near wide open when mowing, for example. That's different from old school tractors that were happy to putt-putt around at low rpm's, but the BX seems to thrive on being wound up. Good luck with your new snow clearing beast!
Great suggestion, the BX2230 is different from my Kubota L2900 GST for sure! What a powerful little compact! Thanks!

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #26  
Amazing video on the Snowsport.
I'm so discouraged. I have the Kubota blade for the FEL on my BX2670. I've tried it for snow, with the blower on the three-point, and now a 500# rear ballast. Steering is terrible, and the tractor walks wherever it wants. It's useless. I'm going back to a rear blade. I wonder if the QA with undercarriage frame-mounted blade is better. I can't see front tire chains really helping, and risking damage to the driveline.

Amazing video on the Snowsport.
I'm so discouraged. I have the Kubota blade for the FEL on my BX2670. I've tried it for snow, with the blower on the three-point, and now a 500# rear ballast. Steering is terrible, and the tractor walks wherever it wants. It's useless. I'm going back to a rear blade. I wonder if the QA with undercarriage frame-mounted blade is better. I can't see front tire chains really helping, and risking damage to the driveline.
How big is your blade? The nice features about the Snowsport is its weight and extremely tough cutting edge.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #28  
How big is your blade? The nice features about the Snowsport is its weight and extremely tough cutting edge.

It's the 60" Kubota blade. It is too heavy, I think, and then add snow to the load and the light BX is useless.