Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics)

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
So I know the kit is not for the new 23s that uses flat face couplers. However I have the front 3rd function which uses the traditional pioneer couplers so I ordered it anyway. For the life of me I cannot get this thing attached. What am I missing. Everything measures appropriate it seems but I just can't figure out what is not adding up here. All pressure is relieved. The coupler part looks a little bit different, maybe a bit deeper on the Land Pride Grapple hydraulic coupler. Maybe some experts here can figure it out???

2017-12-07 19.35.00.jpg2017-12-07 19.34.44.jpg2017-12-07 19.34.34.jpg2017-12-07 19.34.20.jpg

Last edited:
   / Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #2  
The couplers do look different. Maybe remove the male on from the tractor and try it on the bench. If don't go, you know it's incorrect.

Or check the part #s online of both pieces to see if they are compatible.

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #3  
I suspect one is 7241 “A” coupler and one is a 7241 “B” . Post the numbers on them and we can verify.

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #4  
Looks to be different diameter balls as well as appear to be inset different amounts...............Mike

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics)
I suspect one is 7241 “A” coupler and one is a 7241 “B” . Post the numbers on them and we can verify.

Will do...are the numbers located just below the slip collar? and thanks!

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #6  
There are several "flavors" of Pioneer or Ag couplers. The male couplers have different profiles. You have to check the ISO# to be sure. Take the gauge to a farm store or dealer and find a male coulper that fits.

ISO 7241A couplers look like this: ISO 7241-1 Series A Hydraulic Quick Disconnect Couplers

ISO 7241B couplers look like this: ISO 7241-1 Series B Hydraulic Quick Disconnect Couplers

ISO 5675 couplers look like this: ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Couplers

VH series couplers look like this: General Purpose Hydraulic

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #7  
They come in two different diameters so without being there to look for myself, I'm thinking that could be it.

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #8  
There are several "flavors" of Pioneer or Ag couplers. The male couplers have different profiles. You have to check the ISO# to be sure. Take the gauge to a farm store or dealer and find a male coulper that fits.

ISO 7241A couplers look like this: ISO 7241-1 Series A Hydraulic Quick Disconnect Couplers

ISO 7241B couplers look like this: ISO 7241-1 Series B Hydraulic Quick Disconnect Couplers

ISO 5675 couplers look like this: ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Couplers

VH series couplers look like this: General Purpose Hydraulic

Thanks for that overviesw. On a totally new system is there any preference as to which style to go with?
rScotty

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics) #9  
Thanks for that overviesw. On a totally new system is there any preference as to which style to go with?
rScotty

You'll get many opinions on this but I prefer the Pioneer ISO 5675 Ag style 2 way couplers (both male and female hold pressure) . They are by no means leak free when disconnected but they seem to me to be less prone to getting pressure bound. They are also among the cheapest and readily available. Swapping connector types on a number of implements can be expensive though.

/ Pioneer Coupler Question - Pressure Testing - (Pics)
You know, it is funny....I went to a very large ag store yesterday....the name is H & R Agripower. This is where I purchased my tractor. The parts department looked at me like I was an idiot. Absolutely no help at all. I would have thought they would have taken my pressure gauge and grabbed some of their spare couplers and plugged it in until they found the right one. But, that would require them to work a little.