B2650 dual rear remotes.

/ B2650 dual rear remotes. #1  

rkidd

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I have been going to put rear remotes and run lines up to the front loader and run off of one of the remotes for a while now. Being a retired heavy equipment operator, my Kubota dealer, who I have become very good friends with asked if I would do the site work for a new storage building for him. I said yes and told him we could trade out the work and I could the remotes I wanted. I did alot of research and with the help of LD1, who speced out my dual spool valve for me, I made a plan on how I wanted to fab things up. I fabbed up the mounting bracket out of 1/4" steel plate. welded an L shape bracket and drilled the holes and mounted it to the seat bracket. It worked out so i could mount the quick couplers right in the valve assembly and mount it far enough back very good access. The factory set up runs the levers up the right fender up through where there is a storage compartment. I didnt want to lose that compartment, so I fabbed up levers that came up between the fender and the seat which worked out great for me.

20171025_143248.jpg20171108_091245.jpg20171108_091105.jpg

/ B2650 dual rear remotes.
After I had everything mounted up, I just hauled my tractor right out to the dealers, to measure up and make all the hydraulic lines to tie it all together. Kubota actually makes an adapter steel line to go to the three point after you remove the original steel line from the loader valve which made things a little easier.

20171129_095029.jpg20171129_151755.jpg

One of the new lines ended up by the rear axle housing to be able to sweep back where it needed to go. There were 4 bolt holes in the end of the axle housing. I used the top 2 and fabbed up a guard out of 1/4" steel to protect the hose.

20171201_154932.jpg20171201_165438.jpg

I had made the control levers out of 1/8" steel 1"wide. I was able to find vinyl caps that fit perfect for a nice grip. Everything came out great and just the way I wanted it. You do find that things get really tight in a hurry trying to fit valves, levers, and hoses in a fairly tight area.There were a couple trial and errors to get things to work. The most aggravating one was after I fabbed up the mounting bracket, drilled all of the holes, mounted the valve and mounted to the seat bracket, I found that I had checked clearance with the seat and the bracket, but forgot the seat wasnt all the way back!! ****, had to take it off and cut it all apart and make a longer bracket. I attribute that to old age though. Everything is all done, and the lines are made to run up to the loader, I just have to fab up some brackets to hold them. The best part is that I have about $750.00 in everything including running the lines up front. So pretty reasonable for everything. Plus it was a fun project. If I end up doing alot of grapple work or something with the front end, I have plans to use a shaft and some bearings and go behind the seat and then a lever up to be able to run it with my left hand and run the loader with my right if needed.

20171115_082348.jpg20171129_133659.jpg20171129_133727.jpg

/ B2650 dual rear remotes. #5  
Very nice!!!!!

Thanks for the detailed writeup and pictures!!!!

Very nice!!!!!

Thanks for the detailed writeup and pictures!!!!

Thanks for the comments Richard. It was a fun project and you can never have too many levers on your tractor!!! Haha.

/ B2650 dual rear remotes. #7  
That's true!!! You are doing a great job of taking advantage of your tractor's hydraulic capabilities!!! Post any updates that you add later.

/ B2650 dual rear remotes. #8  
It would run the cost up but some of the cable control kits make the mounting options much nicer.

That's true!!! You are doing a great job of taking advantage of your tractor's hydraulic capabilities!!! Post any updates that you add later.

I am going to add top and tilt cylinders shortly as I do alot of boxblade work, rototilling up and regrading areas of my property that were old farm field, and too rough on me and my tractor to mow!! At my age I am looking for smooth!! I am researching top cylinders now, and plan on at least getting that one soon. It has been tough to find top cylinders short enough as I need 18" collapsed length and most are 20 or 21"

It would run the cost up but some of the cable control kits make the mounting options much nicer.

You are surely right, and that was going to be plan B if needed. After trying a couple different set ups, I fabbed up what is on there now. As I am retired from the operating engineers, I have used alot of levers in my life, and this set up ended up being very comfortable for me to reach right beside the seat to operate the levers. My original thought was to use cables as you said, and get them up front more forward, but ended up going this way so I could also reach the levers from the back of the machine when hooking up impliments.