Loader float function

/ Loader float function #21  
well, crap.. How often do you change it ? 380 hrs on the tractor

OM says every 400 hrs.

Dealer OWES you an Ownwer's Manual!!!!!!

/ Loader float function
OM says every 400 hrs.

Dealer OWES you an Ownwer's Manual!!!!!!

Well, he had a loader manual, but no tractor manual. Maybe I can print one on line.
I was able to find an after market HST filter on Flea Bay $49.70 free shipping Looks like dealers want around $65.00 + tax

/ Loader float function #23  
If it was a Kubota Dealer then he has access to the OM.

You can find an MX5200 Manual on line and the operations and maintenance schedule are identical.

If you can't find it ... PM me.

/ Loader float function
If it was a Kubota Dealer then he has access to the OM.

You can find an MX5200 Manual on line and the operations and maintenance schedule are identical.

If you can't find it ... PM me.

Well, he isn't really a kubota dealer. He is just an individual that just deals mostly in Kubota tractors. He's local ,but sells them to people all over the country. He mostly buys from kubota dealers that have taken in trades.
He is a business with a tractor lot. He told me that sometimes he gets manuals and sometimes he doesn't

Thanks for the offer.
I found a Kubota workshop manual on line. I have been looking over it before I print it off. It looks like what I'm looking for. Gives capacities , how many hrs to change, type of fluids ,etc,

If I could just get this float to operate correctly. I would be set

I think I'll like the 3rd function. He had a Kubota dealer install it

/ Loader float function #25  
The float position on the valve is really pretty simple. Don't let it overwhelm you. There are usually 3 or 4 springs (about the size in a ink pen) that hold the steel balls in place and are pushed by the valve spool when you move the lever.

There is probably some moisture in the end cup and some dirt or corrosion is causing the trouble. Just needs to be cleaned up and put a touch of white lithium grease on them.

hydraulic spool repair kit - Google Search

If this link works, look at item #8 (springs) and #11 (balls) as an example of what they are and where they are located.

/ Loader float function
The float position on the valve is really pretty simple. Don't let it overwhelm you. There are usually 3 or 4 springs (about the size in a ink pen) that hold the steel balls in place and are pushed by the valve spool when you move the lever.

There is probably some moisture in the end cup and some dirt or corrosion is causing the trouble. Just needs to be cleaned up and put a touch of white lithium grease on them.

hydraulic spool repair kit - Google Search

If this link works, look at item #8 (springs) and #11 (balls) as an example of what they are and where they are located.

Thanks, If it doesn't free up ans begin to work correctly, I may take it apart and look for a problem
I could kick myself in the AZZ for not checking this.
I did check out the other loader functions, just not the float

/ Loader float function #27  
On my L3130 the float got jammed up, took off the end cap and everything was rusted. Cleaned up oiled and drilled a hole at the bottom of the cap to let the water drain out and no more problems. Drill the hole big enough and you can stick a WD40 straw up there and give it shot every once in a while.

David

/ Loader float function
On my L3130 the float got jammed up, took off the end cap and everything was rusted. Cleaned up oiled and drilled a hole at the bottom of the cap to let the water drain out and no more problems. Drill the hole big enough and you can stick a WD40 straw up there and give it shot every once in a while.

David

Thanks, I may have a chance to look into it tomorrow..
So you were able to clean it all up just by taking this end cap off ?
Nothing flew out everywhere when you took it off ?

/ Loader float function #29  
Ditto on mine jamming up due to water/corrosion inside the detent assembly. Heed the tip to enclose the whole assembly in a plastic bag when you unscrew it.

/ Loader float function #30  
Hey Kenmac, quit beating yourself up over this item that you missed checking. If that,s the biggest item you missed while checking over the whole tractor, you done good. This issue it,s really a biggy.
Lots of great help on here, so I,m sure it won,t be a big dollar to get it working properly, and we all get to learn how this valve is suppose to work at the same time.

Thanks, If it doesn't free up ans begin to work correctly, I may take it apart and look for a problem
I could kick myself in the AZZ for not checking this.
I did check out the other loader functions, just not the float