Loader float function

/ Loader float function #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Just got a new (to me) MX 5100. The loader doesn't seem to have a float function.
Is the loader float function an option on Kubotas , or is mine just screwed up ?

/ Loader float function #2  
All Kubota loaders (L844) on a MX5100 have a float function.

When the engine is off, try pushing the joystick past the detent as you push up. It just takes about 10-15lbs of pressure to override the detent.

/ Loader float function #3  
If you push on the joystick until there's resistance and then just pop/snap it (more forward) that'll punch it past the detent and into float mode. If the lever pops off then you're in the "broke" mode :laughing: (no, you will not break anything unless you're doing something VERY wrong)

/ Loader float function
ok, thanks. I'll try pushing it a little harder. On the loader on my other tractor, I don't have to push very hard at all.
I had dealer install a 3rd function valve and didn't know if this may had affected that function.

/ Loader float function #5  
It's not uncommon for the float detent to get jammed up for a variety of reasons (sometimes water gets into the can and rusts up the parts). So if it doesn't easily go into float you may want to unscrew the can at the bottom of the valve and inspect the detent mechanism. There are usually ball bearings and springs, so try to study a parts diagram first and be ready to catch the parts if they want to jump out.

/ Loader float function #6  
It's not uncommon for the float detent to get jammed up for a variety of reasons (sometimes water gets into the can and rusts up the parts). So if it doesn't easily go into float you may want to unscrew the can at the bottom of the valve and inspect the detent mechanism. There are usually ball bearings and springs, so try to study a parts diagram first and be ready to catch the parts if they want to jump out.
Springs & ballbearings mean it explodes when opened. Put a bag over it before you finish pulling the cap off so they don't go anywhere hard to find.

/ Loader float function #7  
I didn't realise that I had a float function and complained when it was serviced that the lever 'jammed'.
After the serviceman explained what it was I then broke all the rules and read the instructions:eek:

/ Loader float function #8  
I know on most new tractors, that float function can take some effort. After it is broken in, it's rather easy to get it in float.

/ Loader float function #9  
A regular and often post that is usually corrected when the stick is pushed/popped further so it goes into float position. Stiffer on some Kubotas than others and once the action is done a couple of times most people don't think it's that hard. Some are just afraid to break it. :)

/ Loader float function #10  
I couldn't get it on mine either. Quite stiff when new. It's either loosened up our I'm just used to the force required.