Oil & Fuel Kubota 1100VTX won't start

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #1  

swmitchell47a

Tractor
Kubota RTVX 1100c
We have an brand new Kubota 1100VTXC. Live in RI and it's been under 10 degrees for the past week, some nights below 0. We forgot to put the gas additive in (sorry, i don't know the correct word) that prevents the fuel line from freezing. So today, my husband started it up (took a couple tries to get it going), let it warm up for about 10 minutes, then took it out. Used it for about 5 minutes or so, stepped outside the vehicle to get some wood (he left it running) and it stalled out. When he restarted it, it ran a couple seconds then stalled out again. This happened a couple times, now it won't start at all.

Any ideas how to get it going again? Thank you!

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #2  
Sounds like you've got slush/ice in the tank. Diesel 911 will fix that. You might need to disconnect the fuel filters and run some the lines then reconnect it.

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start
Thank you, I will look into that. How could it get in there? It's been stored in a carport... Right now it's in the woods : (

I think the additive he put in there is Howe's Diesel Treat

Last edited:
   / Kubota 1100VTX won't start #4  
Condensation is usually the culprit, especially if you don't keep the tank topped off.

Howe's diesel treat is an anti-gel, but Diesel 911 has alcohol in it to act as an severe anti-gel and lets you pass the water mixed with alcohol to let the engine pass thru the combustion process.

I highly recommend, before the Fall, use the tank of fuel up, get it right down to E, and then fill it with fresh winter grade diesel fuel, along with an additive.

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #5  
I assume you mean RTV?? Diesel powered side by side???

Your fuel is gelling. As someone mentioned, buy a bottle of Power Service 911 (red bottle). Remove the fuel filter, dump it, fill it with 911, pour the rest in the fuel tank. It should crank right up.

#2 Diesel fuel begins to gel at 20F degrees. "Gel" means the paraffin in the fuel solidifies causing the fuel to not flow. To prevent this you should treat any tank of fuel that you think won't be used until cold weather. Once you get down to near 0F degrees you need to double the dosage of whatever treatment you are using.

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #6  
Unless it has been changed out, the RTV1100 has an inline fuel filter.

You will either need to get into a warm place or get a heater under it to get things thawed out.

If you need to lift the hydraulic dump bed, I either crank the engine while pulling the lift lever or pull it all the way back into float and lift it by hand.

You may drain the fuel tank and go get a fuel can worth of fresh and winterized diesel fuel and put the anti gel treatment in and see if you can get it going . There should be a priming lever on the fuel pump at the front right side of the engine.

David

Thank you all for your input.

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #8  
My tree removal guys have had a heck of a time with this cold snap...all fuel issues. I have a bunch of their equipment sitting here because of the crappy fuel. I've seen a bunch of those red 911 bottles and fuel filters being changed....didn't work yet on one machine. We will see what happens Tuesday.

Hmmm thats not good. Today begins the battle. I will post the outcome...

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #10  
My tree removal guys have had a heck of a time with this cold snap...all fuel issues. I have a bunch of their equipment sitting here because of the crappy fuel. I've seen a bunch of those red 911 bottles and fuel filters being changed....didn't work yet on one machine. We will see what happens Tuesday.

Hate to say it, but the US is in for a bit of a cold snap for the rest of the week to week and a half. Some places never seen it this cold in records.