Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.

OK, here's the photographic documentation long awaited. Again, I do not believe having heard of this plug's existence in almost a decade here on TBN. This has been an interesting thread and I personally will make use of this heretofore unknown to me, block drain plug. I'd venture to say not many "experts" or BX old timers knew of that plug either.

Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo-  Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.-dscf5076-jpg

Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo-  Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.-dscf5075-jpg
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    Kubota BX2370

Default Re: Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    Too small for most block heaters, I'm guessing. My block heater is on the other side (starboard), up higher and the dealer used a freeze plug, as they are common called.
    Could you possibly post a picture of your block heater on your BX2360? I expect it will help me a lot.
    Thanks.
    Ray.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Quote Originally Posted by drueke View Post
    Could you possibly post a picture of your block heater on your BX2360? I expect it will help me a lot.
    Thanks.
    Ray.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ck-heater.html

There are many, many threads, with photos, of doing BX block heaters. Best regards.
    BP

Tractor
    Kubota BX2370

Thank you.
    Ray

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX25D, JD 820

Yep. Just learned about this a couple months ago after a couple hours of futility trying to reach the radiator drain plug on my BX 25D. Asked the guys at the dealer what the trick to draining the coolant was and they turned me on to the block drain plug. No mention of it in the service section of the owners manual of course.
    If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX25D

Interesting, I’ll have to take a look myself. Even though there is a drain plug at the bottom of the radiator I believe, its pretty tight quarters. I found it easier to detach the lower radiator hose. I did that twice, first to install block heater then a couple years later to flush coolant. Lastly switched to Zerez G05.

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140 BX2370-1

OK, here's the photographic documentation long awaited. Again, I do not believe having heard of this plug's existence in almost a decade here on TBN. This has been an interesting thread and I personally will make use of this heretofore unknown to me, block drain plug. I'd venture to say not many "experts" or BX old timers knew of that plug either.

Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo-  Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.-dscf5076-jpg

Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo-  Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.-dscf5075-jpg
    Thanks for keeping on with this thread BP. I knew not of this drain plug........but not sure I ever kept the same BX long enough to ever drain the radiator. I have replaced antifreeze/fluid on a couple of Kubotas over the years but not sure which model I did it on. I did have a B7800 for 3 years and a F2680e (Now I remember) I did replace all fluids on the F2680e which I owned for several years. Time is also adding up on my RTV1140 and F3080 so I'll do fluid changes on them probably next fall.
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, 2017 BX2370-1, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" RD, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 72" Woods RFM, 60" LP Grapple, J DUNN Tree Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, LP25 Hydraulic PHD, LP Quick hitch, RatchetRake , Rip and Dig, LP BB, LP 50" Tiller, Snow plow, Titan SSQA Forks, Titan Hitch Mounted Ripper, Titan SSQA to 3PH adapter plate, Sickle mower .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 17 Cadillac XT5. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo-  Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.-dscf5078-jpgEvery Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo-  Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.-dscf5079-jpg

This type of drain plug is very familiar to those who've had to block drain an inboard/outboard marine motor in your boat. If you look carefully, the brass alloy drain plug has water tight sealing gasket which holds a rubber inner ring. Mine stuck to the block and I had to encourage it off with a flat putty knife.

Just a head's up.
    BP

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Gravely Pro 16 walk behind, Kubota BX2230

Without looking at my BX2230, but I think that is about where my block heater is installed. I'll try to look tomorrow if I remember. My block heater is on the left side. Jon

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

It may be behind the bracket for the air cleaner.

David
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast