Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #41  
There was a time most tractor engines had a coolant drain plug on the bottom of the block.

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #42  
Thanks for the pictures. I'm going to look at my Grasshoppers to see if I can find a similar thread on the Kubota diesels.

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #43  
There was a time most tractor engines had a coolant drain plug on the bottom of the block.

MANY MANY MANY years ago, most of us use to just run water in our old tractors... when we were done working the tractors on the colder days, after the tractor cooled down, we just opened the drains and let the water drain down onto the ground. Next day we would fill them back up, go do our work, drain them again at the end of the work day. Fast forward to today, these new tractors come with a sealed cooling system with 5yr anti-freeze in them. So theres no need to drain them like we did years ago. Now they just screw in some sealed plugs and call it could for a few years. I`m pretty sure theres some old timers on here that remember what i`m talkin about.

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #44  
Got to digging through some older posts, after failing to find the answer to my mind's question through other searches. The BX particularly, perhaps because of it's "reversed" engine position, has THE most ungodly placement to drain the coolant/anti-freeze. I came across this photo and I apologize for not attributing to it's creator, but perhaps he'll come along and take proper credit for it. I got my first BX almost 9 years and I had no idea about this.

Do you know what this is? And, why is it important? (I can assure you it is important to know it's location and purpose).
:):)

View attachment 534800

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #45  
I’m

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #46  
BLock drain