Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
Got to digging through some older posts, after failing to find the answer to my mind's question through other searches. The BX particularly, perhaps because of it's "reversed" engine position, has THE most ungodly placement to drain the coolant/anti-freeze. I came across this photo and I apologize for not attributing to it's creator, but perhaps he'll come along and take proper credit for it. I got my first BX almost 9 years and I had no idea about this.

Do you know what this is? And, why is it important? (I can assure you it is important to know it's location and purpose).
:):)

drain Block.jpg

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #2  
No idea. How long do we have to wait to find out ?

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #4  
How about a hint: Port side , starboard, fore, aft?

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #5  
Dunno..Flushed, drained and replaced my coolant and never seen that referenced in the manual. :confused3:

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.
Not my photo, but...... According to the original poster, it is a block drain plug. The original poster did not specify it's exact location. It is not mentioned in the manual. On another discussion, someone posted that's just to the right of the oil filter. That too is in question. I'd sure like to know for certain.

If I can located that thread from 7 or 8 years ago, I'll post a link. Apparently, the ability to do a much better and more complete flush of the block was the suggestion. If that prove to be so, I am very interested.

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago. #9  
Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.

Ahhhhhh! I figured it out!
Just another reason to trade before the coolant needs to be serviced, right John Thomas?

/ Every Kubota BX Owner Needs To See This Photo- Wish I"d Seen It Years Ago.
Last response to the thread on OTT says it is oil, in the picture above plug is a block off plate for mechanical fuel pump and the shaft driving injection pump plungers.

Draining coolant on a BX 2660 - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

David

Yes, then that same fellow indeed found a plug that drained his block well (though no photos provided). We need some definitive information. Bearing in mind, those old posts, on TBN and OTT are discussing three different engines too, if it matters.