BX25 will not turn off

/ BX25 will not turn off #1  

Robs2544

Tractor
Kubota BX25D
Good evening,

Had a little issue with my machine after plowing an hour ago, went to turn the key off, tractor kept on running. Lights also stayed on, factory lights and the LED light bar I installed. I ended up pulling the ACC 20 amp fuse and it killed the lights and engine.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance!
Rob

/ BX25 will not turn off #2  
My fathers BX 23 was doing that a few years ago.there is a manual fuel shut off on the ( I think ) right side of the motor as you sit on it. It's a small lever looking thing that starves the motor of fuel until it stalls. I honestly don't remember what the problem that caused it was... may have been a bad ignition if I recall correctly.

/ BX25 will not turn off #3  
I am thinking that since the lights stayed on, I would be looking at the key switch being faulty. If you turned the key off and the lights and other accessories turned off but the key timer relay did not energize the stop solenoid killing the engine I would look at the key stop timer circuit or a bad fuse.

There is an exposed solenoid usually on engine by injection pump that will energize and pull the stop lever to stop the engine, this is energized by a timed relay that is activated when the key is turned off or one of the seat or interlock switches are tripped. sometimes one of the fuses blows and keeps the system from working properly.

David

/ BX25 will not turn off #4  
Check fusebox first (on the left side below the light switch). One of them will control the fuel shutoff solenoid. It may be burnt out.

Dennis

/ BX25 will not turn off #5  
Sounds like it's blown the 20amp fuse. That circuit is for the safety switches and electric shutdown. The wires that many use for ROPS lights are also in that circuit. As been stated, theres a manual cutoff lever on the fuel injector pump, be very careful reaching down to move it as it's close enough to the fan to warrant caution. The lever is spring loaded and only moves in one direction. If it weren't for all those safety switches a knob and cable connected to that lever would be all one would need to shut down a diesel. Thats how old diesels were shut down.
I'm not sue where the 20amp fuse is located on a BX25 but on my BX23 it's in the wiring near the starter. Check that area as well as under the dash. It's usually a stand alone type fuse that just hangs from the wiring, it's very obvious.
Good luck
Dave

/ BX25 will not turn off
Just to clarify, when I switch the key off the motor, dash lights, ROPS LED light and headlights all stay on. I'm thinking it's the ignition switch as well. I pulled the 20amp ACC fuse which is located in the fuse box on the right side of the machine under the ignition switch. There are 6 total fuse in this box, the 20amp one if in the bottom left corner. Once that fuse is removed everything turns off. When I reinstall the fuse, with the keys out, everything turns on beside the motor.

Thanks to all that replied!

/ BX25 will not turn off
Update on this issue. I changed the ignition, no good, the tractor still stays running, dash and lights still function with the key off and removed. I pulled the 20amp fuse, everything shut off. So, I put the key back in and turned the tractor on, dash and lights work and the tractor fires up with the 20amp fuse removed! So there must be an issue with that 20 amp circuit? The fuse is not blown, I tried 2 different 20 amp fuses.

I also did a trial and error with a few more fuses. If I pull the "timer" fuse it kills the motor (ignition off, not key) but the dash still functions.

I'm pretty sure the fuel cut-off is on the left side for the BX25 (sitting on tractor). That lever is moving when I start the tractor and turn off.

Pretty lost, not a fan of working with electrical issues at all.

/ BX25 will not turn off #8  
Is there a relay stuck on the 20 amp circuit ?

/ BX25 will not turn off #9  
Don't know if this will help but my WSM for BX24, which should be close has these options to check.

Attachments

• kubota.pdf
    301 KB · Views: 164
  • kubota-1.jpg
    kubota-1.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 477
  • kubota-2.jpg
    kubota-2.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 424
   / BX25 will not turn off #10  
After rereading the first post if you pulled the 20amp fuse & killed everything, something is wrong in the fuse panel or wiring around it. My schematic shows that fuse only controls the red/black wire in the rear of the tractor for working or aux lights & normally is not connected to anything unless you have installed lights. There should be a black gnd wire along with this one taped or stored somewhere around the tail lights. Shutoff solenoid, fuel pump, & timer are controlled by the 15amp fuses.