Mowing BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #1  

msimms

BX2230 54\" mower vs 60\" mower

Is there any difference in the 60" mower verses the 54" besides size ? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #2  
Re: BX2230 54\" mower vs 60\" mower

Yes, it weighs and costs more too! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Seriously, the 60" is made from heavier gauge steel and has a balancing gizmo that helps keep the cut more level on uneven ground. Can't vouch for the difference in cut between the two but my 60" deck does an excellent job. I'd recommend it. Here's a link to side-by-side comparisons and pix.
kubota bx decks

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #4  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( FYI, that link does not work.)</font>

Worked for me!

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes, it weighs and costs more too! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Seriously, the 60" is made from heavier gauge steel and has a balancing gizmo that helps keep the cut more level on uneven ground. Can't vouch for the difference in cut between the two but my 60" deck does an excellent job. I'd recommend it. Here's a link to side-by-side comparisons and pix.
kubota bx decks )</font>

That comparison just about covers it. One comment I might add is that travel width makes a difference. When I was deck shopping I looked around my property & figured out that there were a few places where the 60" deck wouldn't fit, while the 54" would. So I bought the 54" for that reason alone. You might want to do the same.

regards,

Mahlon

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #6  

The 60 inch deck provides greater manuverability and easier trimming of edges and has a smaller uncut circle for when mowing around objects like trees. yep, it is true. J

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #7  

I have the 60" on my 2200, and have no trouble getting around about anything, and getting close. The HST helps out a lot with that as I can slow down to make the turns I need to, and it cuts close as any deck I have used.

Dont know about others, but the only thing I find that you need to do is run at full throttle to get a great cut. Keep the blades sharp and balanced well.

I cut an acre with some trees, flower beds, and the usual stuff in a yard and do this in about an hour and half. I cut in 4 "patches" front, side, back and field. I would not want anything bigger or smaller. On and off the mower is not a problem if I am in the right mood to do it.

/ BX2230 54" mower vs 60" mower #8  

Go the 60"!