Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #1  

coolbrze

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
Pretty much have it narrowed down to these two tractors. I've test driven a couple of them but I'm just not sure if the difference in size & price is justifiable. What options are there for the two tractors & their respective FELs? I know there's a quick connect FEL which is not recommended, correct?

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #2  
Here is a link to the Kubota "build your own" page for the L3901 and L4701 : Kubota Tractor Corporation - Build My Kubota

You can review the available options for both tractors.

The L3901 has an option for both a QA loader and one without the QA function. The L4701 comes standard with the QA loader and there is no other option.

If you choose the L3901, the QA loader is actually $60 cheaper than the non QA version. IMO, the QA loader is the better choice. Even if you have no plans to remove the bucket from the FEL now, you may decide to add FEL implements in the future. If so, you'll find the QA loader a valuable feature.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #3  
I would recommend the L4701 as you can never have to much power but a lot of times you will experience to little power.

As for the QA FEL, I am with bdhsfz6, it is extremely useful. Where did you get the impression that it wasn't recommended?

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #4  
The L4701 has a much bigger frame, but I guess you already know this.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options
Thanks guys. I read online that a lot of people like the non-QA loader better. Y'all would know better though. Just trying to narrow things down that I don't know about. One more thing... are there different size R4 tires for each tractor or is there a standard size? I mean does the L3901 have several Industrial tire sizes to choose from or just one standard size?

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #6  
Get QA.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #7  
coolbrze

I read online that a lot of people like the non-QA loader better.

FELs detach, but not very quickly nor conveniently. In seven years of tractor use, with three tractors, I have never removed the FEL. I have detached the bucket from the FEL many times, for improved forward visibility.

Did you intend to ask about QA bucket attachment to the FEL?. There are several proprietary QA bucket attachments out there. The INDUSTRY STANDARD QA bucket attachment is Skid Steer Quick Attach, (SSQA) which is seldom, if ever, criticized.

Are there different size R4 tires for each tractor or is there a standard size? I mean does the L3901 have several Industrial tire sizes to choose from or just one standard size?[/QUOTE]

Yes, dozens of sizes for different tractor weights.
Current options from Kubota will show up on BUILD YOUR KUBOTA.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #8  
I can't think of a reason to not want QA, however, at least when I bought my L3200, the bucket that came with the QA setup was smaller somehow, and the stock bucket would hold more material. I am pretty sure you can upgrade (for extra $$) to a larger QA bucket to offset the problem if you want to. Normally there are several buckets and options on the Kubota site when you build the tractor.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #9  
We have tractors with SSQA loader as well as bolt on, we go with SSQA only when buying new if available. On newer tractors, removing the FEL is no big deal, old age has crept up on me, so I no longer remove mine, but I have removed/replaced two or tree times a day.

We own several tractors and like many find tractors shrink once on your property, so think long and hard before buying. I came close to this when I went to pick up a 35HP, already had bigger and smaller, but my wife talked me into a bigger machine, L5030.

The list of things I swore I would never need, but now have continues to grow.

Front end loader detach.mpg - YouTube
Good luck.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs L4701 HST options #10  
Definitely get SSQA.

The L4701 is a lot more tractor. 5-600 lbs more weight and 1000 lbs more 3 pt lift. Bigger frame. I'm not sure the price difference, but I like the size of the L4701.