Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket?

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #1  

willy1947

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 GST
I've been waiting on the dealer to install my FEL. He first told me he was missing a valve, bucket, and tooth bar. So he gave me the tractor until he had the rest. I talked to him yesterday and he said he was just waiting on the bucket. I ordered a pin on, heavy duty round back bucket, 72" long with a bolt in tooth bar.

He asked if I would take a quick attach bucket with a tooth bar instead, but at the same price? I don't have any issues with that. Other than the quick attach option, I don't think I would know the real difference between the buckets. He needed to verify which ones he had. I'm guessing they are not round back buckets.

Does this seem like a good trade off, or should I wait on the other bucket? Using the FEL is not the primary task of my tractor.

Thanks,
Dave

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #2  
Like you, I don't know the difference in the buckets but the quick attach option is worthwhile. A HD bucket is probably available with the quick attach setup.

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #3  
The quick attach bucket is available in HD with optional bolt on edge. The standard bucket is not round. It has angular corners and does not have the option of a bolt on edge. As far as the quick attach feature, that is a decision that you have to weigh. I have the HD bucket with bolt on edge and have been very satisfied with its performance. Hope this helps.

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #4  
Stop and think about it-what are you going to attach once you detach the bucket. Not like its a standard bobcat quickattach.

The quickattach front bucket I saw at the kubota dealer was a square back-I would wait for the HD Roundback

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #5  
I have had my L3830 about 6 weeks, It has a Quick Attach 6' heavy duty Woods bucket W/bolt on cutting edge and it is a round back. I didnt plan on the quick attach option but the dealer had to get my tractor out of state and that was on it when I got it at about $200 additional. Ya never know what you might encounter down the road..........you might want a set of forks? As far as strength and durability.....I would say no difference...........bob

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #6  
The ones I saw at the dealer were standard quick attaches?
Are you thinking of JD's quick attach?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Stop and think about it-what are you going to attach once you detach the bucket. Not like its a standard bobcat quickattach.

)</font>

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket? #7  
No question about it, get the quick attach no matter which bucket you end up with.

The heavy duty bucket may have some advantages, but I fail to see how I could tear up my regular bucket on my 2910 in anything short of a lifetime given the relatively few loader hours I put on my tractor every year (about 30). With the addition of a toothbar, the cutting edge is reinforced, which is the only thing I saw as a possible problem . . . mine was developing a very slight bow.

Given the choice between a quick attach standard duty bucket and a permanent heavy duty bucket, I'd take the quick attach EVERY time.

/ Quick attach bucket vs Heavy duty rd. back bucket?
The dealer is outfitting my L3830 with an FEL tomorrow. He is going to install a quick attach bucket he has. If I like it, he'll install the tooth bar. If not, he'll get me a HD bucket that I originally ordered. Basically, he wants me to have my FEL as soon as possible. He does not have HD/pin on bucket. He has explained to me that this is what the hold up is on my FEL. Therefore he will install the other bucket and let me try it out in the meantime.

He said he will charge me no extra $$$ for an more expensive quick attach bucket. Also, he still hasn't asked for any money from me for anything. Not until it is finished and right.

Thanks,
Dave