Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Default Re: URGENT help needed....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Cool engine just enough get on trail etc. should be fine..make sure fan free to turn.
    Yup, depending on how far the trailer is--50' or so, should be no big deal.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Tractor
    B2620

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    I'm surprised that new of a machine does not have a high temp. safety cut off switch...?
    Even if it did there's no water in the system anyways so wouldn't do much good.

As for running it, you'll be fine for a min or two at lower engine speed, especially if the outside temp is pretty cold.
    Just ge the trailer as close as possible an have it ready to load and shut off.

Do you have KTAC? Might cover the repair.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210

Yep, cool it, crank it and load it. No worries.

Sorry for your misfortune. Working in ground brush is the most likely place for disaster. Learn from your mistake.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Quote Originally Posted by TMGT View Post
    Even if it did there's no water in the system anyways so wouldn't do much good....
    They seem to work good on air cooled diesels...!
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct yet sincere I don't suffer fools and morons...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    B2620

They seem to work good on air cooled diesels...!
    They do, but on a water cooled it would be required to mount through the water jacket and into the parent material of the head/block. Also the design of a water cooled engine doesn't lend itself to even thermal transfer without water (i.e. hot spots) so it's hard to get a good reading when dry.
    I have one on the Onan in my Wheel Horse and it seems to work well, but that's also it's only source of temp monitoring.

I have seen some generators that use a low water sensor in addition to the temp sensor where instances of coolant could shut them down or activate an alarm.

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

I'm surprised that new of a machine does not have a high temp. safety cut off switch...?
    Please tell what tractor or vehicle kills the engine in a non stationary application when there is high temp?? And why you want to shut the engine down and why would you cut off cooling to the engine.

David
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    Kubota L3800 hst Kubota l47 tlb ( John Deere 770 sold )

Quote Originally Posted by David_Kb7uns View Post
    Please tell what tractor or vehicle kills the engine in a non stationary application when there is high temp?? And why you want to shut the engine down and why would you cut off cooling to the engine.

David
    I drive a mack rd600dump truck that shuts off if the temp gets to high on the highway at 65

Tractor
    Kubota L3240, Kubota B7100, Kubota F2560, John Deer, F525 Mule 600

Quote Originally Posted by David_Kb7uns View Post

David
    I don’t know of any. Why you’d want to shut down an engine before it melts seems pretty self explanatory. A low oil shutoff seems more important.

Thanks for all the input. I do have a come-along with me as well as a smaller B7100 kubota to pull the bigger one around if needed. I'll see what I can do without starting it, but I tend to agree that running it from cold, as in tomorrow morning, for minute or two probably wouldn't hurt it. It's just that it's so new, I don't want to chance anything and wanted to post here in case there's something drastically different about diesels since my experience is mostly with gas engines.

The belt is still on but did spin on the fan pulley for a few seconds before I could get it shut down. I'll definitely replace it and it sounds like I just go ahead and cut it off.

I will check out the other thread on the 3800. Can't believe there's no protection plates under there.

I don't think it ran long enough to overheat and trigger any shutdown mechanisms if there is one. I had it shut down literally 3 or 4 seconds after it happened.

I was also wondering if a radiator shop could fix it but not sure they would be able to get the right end cap with the hose fitting. Worth asking around.

Guess I get to learn about loader removal for the repair. Should be fun.

This mishap was a real let down from the high of finding a 15 hour used tractor with loader, extended warranty, 5' brushhog, fancy $1000 dual blade road grader(never used), and hay forks(never used) for 15,750! Nothing like breaking it on the first day.

Tractor
    B2620

I learned early on with equipment to try not to drive over brush/trees etc unless I can help it, and never back up if you do.
    I had the hyd. suction line at the pump knocked off my B, no idea how and it's not exactly exposed.

Since you bought it used I guess you don't have KTAC.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast