URGENT help needed....

/ URGENT help needed.... #1  

DCarter

I bought a 2016 L2501 yesterday and hauled it straight to my property and started putting it to work. A few minutes ago, I was taking out some large youpons and I pushed them over and couldn't get them completely out of the ground. I started driving over them and when I backed up a bit, a 2" trunk came from below and pushed the lower radiator hose into the fan. I heard loud squeeling and saw smoke from the belt slipping on the fan pulley and shut it down. It actually broke the lower raditor hose attachment point on the radiator which is plastic so I lost all my coolant. Looks like I'll need a new radiator. I love this tractor and can't believe I broke it on the first day.

The question is, if I let it cool down completely, can I run it for a minute or two to get it on my trailer?

/ URGENT help needed.... #2  
How much does a new engine cost vs cost of replacing the radiator and hoses in the field?

/ URGENT help needed.... #3  
I’d guess you’ll be fine if you’re only trying to drive it up trailer ramps. I changed a water pump on a suburban and I forgot to to put the lower radiator hose clamp back on. I probably drove it 500 yards after it blew off.

/ URGENT help needed.... #4  
If it was mine, I wouldn't start it without coolant in the engine.

/ URGENT help needed.... #5  
mikester is correct.
Use a winch to load your tractor on a trailer.

/ URGENT help needed.... #6  
I'm surprised that new of a machine does not have a high temp. safety cut off switch...?

/ URGENT help needed.... #7  
If the motor is cool when started and assuming it will only be a minute or two at lower rpms it should be fine from a thermal standpoint. Running a water pump when it is dry is another issue with bearing/seals. Then again it sounded like your belt was distroid in the process. Perhaps cut it off or disconnect it.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

/ URGENT help needed.... #8  
New radiator $539.00 free shipping on ebay. New hose and belt + clamps extra. Or get a radiator shop to fix the damaged one.

It will run just fine for a few minutes at a time. If you are scared to try it. Clamp off the hose, add some water/mix and start it without the water pump turning (no belt, remember?).

You might want to look underneath to see what else is bent, broken or dented (wires, mounts, oil line, battery case). You need to power wash the engine compartment to get the antifreeze plume off of everything (air cleaners, battery, sound insulation. Otherwise dirt and dust will collect an form a mud coating on everything under the hood.

/ URGENT help needed.... #9  
Hope I do not get in trouble for this but look on orange tractor and search lower radiator hose. Someone did the same thing on a L3800 not long ago. He was able to fix his. As others stated remove the belt get trailer as close as possible and you can run it long enough to load it.

/ URGENT help needed.... #10  
Cool engine just enough get on trail etc. should be fine..make sure fan free to turn.