3-Point Hitch 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #1  

GCalla91

Tractor
2014 L3200 Kubota
Hi. I have a 2014 L3200 Kubota. My 3-Point Hitch will not stay in the lifted position. The lever is loose. I currently have a 7ft blade on for snow removal. I don't see any leakage or anything of that nature. I'm not sure if there is some kind of adjustment bolt or something for lever or if it could be something else. Thanks for getting back to me.

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #2  
Did you ensure vibration did not loosen the 3 point hitch flow control? That has happened to me before.

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #3  
Under your seat between your legs is the "drop rate knob". You should be able to turn it to "Lock" position, and if the 3 point hitch still drops, your seals might be bad.

{EDIT} Actually reading your post again... the lever is actually sliding down? (thus lowering the blade).

View attachment 538652

Last edited:
   / 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #4  
I'd say something as I had a L3200, but I think the others already have it covered. Loose tension on the lever it blown seals. I think the lever is more likely & an easy fix.

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #6  
On my 2016 L60 Grand the 3-point bleeds down while I'm using it. I had Kubota come get it to work on it and they told me that's normal. I can't believe I have to keep and eye on my mower every few minutes and readjust the highth. But that what they told me.

The above post is not accurate. I am sorry for the confusion. I would have used "line strike" but I can't find it.

Last edited:
   / 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #7  
On my 2016 L60 Grand the 3-point bleeds down while I'm using it. I had Kubota come get it to work on it and they told me that's normal. I can't believe I have to keep and eye on my mower every few minutes and readjust the highth. But that what they told me.
If that's the case, then I should stop looking at buying a new Grand L. My 20 year old L4200 doesn't leak down even after leaving my back blade up in the air for 3 days. Got distracted immediately after parking it in the barn and forgot to lower it.

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #8  
Doesn't the position controll correct the height ?

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #9  

Someone is feeding you a line of blarney. No properly functioning 3 point setup is supposed to bleed down so fast it constantly needs adjusting, least of all on a late model or new tractor. I would get name, rank and serial number of the nincompoop who told you that and take it up with the boss down at the dealership. As others say, it's either a simple external adjustment or an internal repair that should be under warranty, but definitely not "normal".

/ 3-Point Hitch Will Not Stay Lifted #10  
Someone is feeding you a line of blarney. No properly functioning 3 point setup is supposed to bleed down so fast it constantly needs adjusting, least of all on a late model or new tractor. I would get name, rank and serial number of the nincompoop who told you that and take it up with the boss down at the dealership. As others say, it's either a simple external adjustment or an internal repair that should be under warranty, but definitely not "normal".

Why wouldn't they fix it, let alone, under warranty? I thought warranty work was good money for a stealership.