How to Bleed my D1105e Engine After Fuel Filter Change

/ How to Bleed my D1105e Engine After Fuel Filter Change #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
Good morning....changed my fuel filter on my grasshopper 928D zero turn mower last night. I need to bleed the air out of the system. What is best way to do this? It has a Kubota D1105 engine in it.

Oh, also I changed the oil in it and it says the capacity is 1.35 gallons. So that is a little over 5 quarts correct?

/ How to Bleed my D1105e Engine After Fuel Filter Change #2  
Crack the fuel line going to the first injector coming from the pump and crank the engine. Wait until fuel comes out and close the line. Easier with two people.

Yes, 1.35 gallons = 5.4 quarts.

/ How to Bleed my D1105e Engine After Fuel Filter Change
Crack the fuel line going to the first injector coming from the pump and crank the engine. Wait until fuel comes out and close the line. Easier with two people.

Yes, 1.35 gallons = 5.4 quarts.

Thanks finally got it...took filter back off and filled it all the way up with diesel fuel. With my duramax I just put in a dry filter and it has a primer pump on top of the housing and you just pump it up then tighten the bleeder screw.....Anyway, I think had I filled the filter up with diesel fuel in the beginning would have been a snap.

I only ordered 1 gallon of Kubota 15-40 so I sinned and went to rural king and topped it off with Shell Rotella. So I mixed 4 quarts of Kubota 15-40 and 1 quart of shell retella 15-40....

By the way, the old fuel filter....I dumped it out in my garage slop sink and the trash and particles that was inside that filter shocked me.