Backhoe Hydraulic problems - B21

/ Hydraulic problems - B21 #1  

FlowRoll

Tractor
none yet
I was out yesterday running some drainage line to pull standing water off dirt trail to the back of my property... I got a bit bogged down in the mud so I used the backhoe and front end loader to move me back to better land. In the process I noticed that one of the hoses in the boom was slowly leaking. (There was a film that had formed in one puddle). I finally got it out and turned the tractor to go up hill and suddenly lost all hydraulic power, both HST and the backhoe and front end loader.. I checked the hydraulic fluid level and the dipper was dry. Partially maybe due to the steep hill I was going up. Anyway, I went refilled the hydraulic system with more oil. (I used a cheaper Walmart type since it was leaking and decided it would be good to replace all the oil once I replace some boom lines.)
I refilled the system, maybe overfilled (hard to tell on the hill) and now the HST works but the backhoe and FEL won’t... Did I blow up the pump? Is a filter clogged? I don’t have a good diagram showing how this hydraulic system works so I am just looking to see if there is something easy to do before I start buying new expensive parts.

/ Hydraulic problems - B21
Okay, well I ran it for awhile, trying to open and close every valve to get fluid through the system but was unable to get anything to move a bit. I then decided that I would drive it out of the woods. In order to do this I needed to get the FEL and backhoe off the ground. I jacked up both and used ratchet straps to keep them up. When I went to put the fel in float, I played with bucket and the tilt setting was working. I then went and went later with the backhoe and it started to function slowly as well. A bit sporadic at first due to air, I assume.

Everything Is back to normal. I am going to replace some hydraulic lines and filters, etc... as soon as I finish up this little work.

/ Hydraulic problems - B21 #3  
There's a screen on the charge pump pickup, a filter on the transmission and a suction filter underneath for the main pump. Maybe the leaky hose should come first if it's dropped enough oil to cause problems. And if you've popped one hose, you'll likely be up for more soon, unless it was due to physical damage!

Attachments

• B21 oil flow.pdf
    306.5 KB · Views: 120