Mechanical thumb for L39

/ Mechanical thumb for L39 #1  

caballero59

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L39, M59, ZD326, Deere 6415
I was hoping someone could direct me to a quality company for adding a mechanical thumb. I have one on an M59 and now I'm sold on the idea.

/ Mechanical thumb for L39 #2  
   / Mechanical thumb for L39
I'm thinking of the thumb for the dipper stick on the hoe.

/ Mechanical thumb for L39 #4  
My mistake. :confused3:

I had the "The Thumb" on my mind because that will be one of my next purchases.

Also found a BroTek. I don't know if they are any good. It is bolt-on instead of weld-on.

Bro-Tek

/ Mechanical thumb for L39 #7  
I was hoping someone could direct me to a quality company for adding a mechanical thumb. I have one on an M59 and now I'm sold on the idea.

I have always wanted a thumb, but never could find a mechanical thumb that I thought was large/strong enough for my Ford TLB.
I had one custom built, but it was not cheap!
Over $900, but it is excellent!

/ Mechanical thumb for L39 #8  
Try Michigan Iron & Equipment (miemachinerydivision). Bought a mechanical thumb for my B26TLB that was very well made (bullet proof) and a drop-in using the existing ftg. on the dipper. The replacement wrist pin length they initially sent was too short but they immediately made and shipped another based on the length I gave them at no cost. I noticed their website fit chart has changed listing only fits for Kioti models and while they made one for the BT850 on my tractor not sure if they offered one for the BT1000. Good company - worth a call too see if they do.

Thank you, that is good information.

/ Mechanical thumb for L39 #10  
I just received the DIY thumb from titan attachments, the thumb weights 60lbs by it self, its 1/2 plate steel, once I get it welded up I will post some pics.
It was on sale "presidents day" cost me $135 w/ free shipping.

MrC.