Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740
I think you will like the L5740 HSTC,can't seeing it fit on a 16' trailer.

Here ya go Birdman....she fits...with some room to spare. I'm not traveling across country or anything, but 10-15 miles she pulled great. Won't take long for me to screw up my ramp/gate.

Edit: pics are always upside down in thumbnails but fix when you click on them.....grrr.....

2018-02-23 13.50.15.jpg

Last edited:
   / Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #22  
Here ya go Birdman....she fits...with some room to spare. I'm not traveling across country or untying, but 10-15 miles she pulled great. Won't take long for me to screw up my ramp/gate.

Edit: pics are always upside down in thumbnails but fix when you click on them.....grrr.....

View attachment 541272

You traded even......I'm glad you're not upside:laughing: down in it!!!

I still owe 4 payments on mine and I still hate my tractor.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/297525-i-still-hate-my-tractor.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/311706-i-still-hate-my-tractor.html

Now go buy yourself a rubber bumper to install under your seat so it doesn't slam down and make horrid sounds when it crunches to the bottom; AND as another well versed poster said, more fuel cans.

Regards, Fred

You traded even......I'm glad you're not upside:laughing: down in it!!!

I still owe 4 payments on mine and I still hate my tractor.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/297525-i-still-hate-my-tractor.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/311706-i-still-hate-my-tractor.html

Now go buy yourself a rubber bumper to install under your seat so it doesn't slam down and make horrid sounds when it crunches to the bottom; AND as
another well versed poster said, more fuel cans.

Regards, Fred

I clicked on the links but the threads seem very long so I didn't read them. But I think the gist of it is you selected the wrong tractor and you don't like it. If you read my first post you will see that I mentioned in writing that I was a bit concerned about "trading down" in tractors....trading down meaning size. That is against the norm of what most people end up doing. You will also see that I said life is too short to fret over this. If I after make the trade and I am unsatisfied, (I hate my tractor) I will trade back for a 7040 or 7060. I will not fret over this for years at the decision I made and just go fix it...if I find the I "hate my tractor". Good luck to you....my advice would be to go trade that sucker in and get you one that has plenty of power and will serve you well. Heck I even know where there is one **** of a M6800 in A1 condition for sale used! Let me know if you want to know about it!

Oh, and yes on the seat...that M6800 has a Grammar seat and I gave that up for a stiff seat..

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #24  
Several of us have put Grammar seats on our Grand L tractors and love them. Most of our tractors are old though and use the original seats or a cheap suspension one from TSC.

My father in law bought the wrong tractor twice and within a month traded them in for the right one, life is too short to keep something you don't like.

Several of us have put Grammar seats on our Grand L tractors and love them. Most of our tractors are old though and use the original seats or a cheap suspension one from TSC.

My father in law bought the wrong tractor twice and within a month traded them in for the right one, life is too short to keep something you don't like.

Where did you get the grammar seat? How much are they? I wonder if I could have used the grammar seat from my M6800 in this Grand L? Upgrading my seat would be something I am interested in.

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #26  
Just re-reading this thread again in its entirety...so the comments I have seen that will either be right or wrong will be proven in the next few months. So comment #1 that I cannot pull this on my 16 foot trailer proved to be wrong. I do have a stout very nice sure-track trailer. And I WILL NOT be hauling this thing but once or twice a year.....It in fact pulled beautifully behind my truck on my 16 foot trailer. I am glad I did not take that advice when contemplating my trade. If I did, I would have had bad information. Another guy actually has real world experience, but his trailer might not be that heavy duty or his application might be daily or something whereas mine would be transporting a few miles for service once or twice a year.

Comment #2 was that it would not handle my 12 foot batwing....we will see in April.

Comment #3 was that it would not handle my 10 foot disc. We will see in April.

I am always interested in statements that some folks make on these forums. Newbie's really should be cautious on the advice they read. I have said this before, but you really should take the advice of multiple people and try to find common themes and responses to questions one might have. And please do not get me wrong, I LOVE this forum and the community here. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I just think a lot of comments are made that are presented as factual when they are mostly opinion and the actual comment will not be from actual experience of the particular situation. If any of you that made the comments earlier....have you attempted to trailer a 5740 on a high quality 16 foot sure-track trailer with brakes on both axles? Has the other fellow attempted to disc with a pull type international harvester 10 foot disc? And the other, did have you ever tried to use a 5740 with a LandPride 12 foot batwing lightweight mower?

People said the 15 foot batwing I mowed the last 4 years with my M6800 would not work..said the cutter was too big...I cut everything with it.

When I make strong comments on this forum when folks ask questions....someone asked the other day about a lawn mower.....I commented somehitn about a grasshopper....I own and use a grasshopper...if someone asks a questions about a product that I have not used I will likely not tell the "IT WILL or WILL NOT" do the particular task....Hope this makes sense.

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #28  
I am one that doubted that your 16' trailer would handle the L5740. I'm glad it does for you. I would not feel comfortable hauling my 5740 on my 16' trailer, but I do haul for longer distances and more often.

I believe that it will handle a 12' batwing just fine. I had bid a job mowing 40 acres of parking lot and I would have purchased a 12' Bushhog if I had got the bid.

I also believe you will handle the 10' plow. I used mine to pull a heavy duty 12' plow to do my food plots last year. We have about 16 acres of food plots. This plow was previously a 27' that we cut the wings off of. I could not let the blades go all the way down, but I did get the job done.

I am one that doubted that your 16' trailer would handle the L5740. I'm glad it does for you. I would not feel comfortable hauling my 5740 on my 16' trailer, but I do haul for longer distances and more often.

I believe that it will handle a 12' batwing just fine. I had bid a job mowing 40 acres of parking lot and I would have purchased a 12' Bushhog if I had got the bid.

I also believe you will handle the 10' plow. I used mine to pull a heavy duty 12' plow to do my food plots last year. We have about 16 acres of food plots. This plow was previously a 27' that we cut the wings off of. I could not let the blades go all the way down, but I did get the job done.

Yes, thank you...your posts are thoughtful and based upon real experience...thank you for sharing....but it was someone else. I am looking forward to food plotting with this tractor. My disc is fairly light. The conservation district has a very large John deer no till planter and I am a bit concerned about being able to handle it. We'll see....again..thanks for sharing.

/ Well Guys, Trading This Week - Downsizing M6800 to L5740 #30  
Just re-reading this thread again in its entirety...so the comments I have seen that will either be right or wrong will be proven in the next few months. So comment #1 that I cannot pull this on my 16 foot trailer proved to be wrong. I do have a stout very nice sure-track trailer. And I WILL NOT be hauling this thing but once or twice a year.....It in fact pulled beautifully behind my truck on my 16 foot trailer. I am glad I did not take that advice when contemplating my trade. If I did, I would have had bad information. Another guy actually has real world experience, but his trailer might not be that heavy duty or his application might be daily or something whereas mine would be transporting a few miles for service once or twice a year.

Comment #2 was that it would not handle my 12 foot batwing....we will see in April.

Comment #3 was that it would not handle my 10 foot disc. We will see in April.

I am always interested in statements that some folks make on these forums. Newbie's really should be cautious on the advice they read. I have said this before, but you really should take the advice of multiple people and try to find common themes and responses to questions one might have. And please do not get me wrong, I LOVE this forum and the community here. Everyone is really nice and helpful. I just think a lot of comments are made that are presented as factual when they are mostly opinion and the actual comment will not be from actual experience of the particular situation. If any of you that made the comments earlier....have you attempted to trailer a 5740 on a high quality 16 foot sure-track trailer with brakes on both axles? Has the other fellow attempted to disc with a pull type international harvester 10 foot disc? And the other, did have you ever tried to use a 5740 with a LandPride 12 foot batwing lightweight mower?

People said the 15 foot batwing I mowed the last 4 years with my M6800 would not work..said the cutter was too big...I cut everything with it.

When I make strong comments on this forum when folks ask questions....someone asked the other day about a lawn mower.....I commented somehitn about a grasshopper....I own and use a grasshopper...if someone asks a questions about a product that I have not used I will likely not tell the "IT WILL or WILL NOT" do the particular task....Hope this makes sense.

Well stated. It amuses me when others know more about my situation and equipment than I. :D