Improving MMM quality of cut, blades how sharp?

/ Improving MMM quality of cut, blades how sharp? #31  
Jon's sharpening rig, to your door portable, not my former 5-axis CNC (Walter HMC 200) or my current Cinci No2 T&CG. (No +/- 1^ or +/- .001" tolerances :laughing:)
Blades are like saw chains in that once I set up I might as well do a dozen at a time.

Blades.JPG

I use a scraper or wire wheel to remove buildup from blades first to help with final balancing. I also don't grind back to clean up every nick. We want sharp to the tip, but a few dings won't leave stripes in your lawn. ;)

/ Improving MMM quality of cut, blades how sharp? #32  
I'm disappointed in the quality of cut I'm getting with the Kubota MMM. This is my 2nd deck, had a 60" on the B2920 and now a 54" on the BX2380. Looks ragged like a bad haircut I'm wondering if even brand new blades need to be sharpened or something? I purchased a JD X380 for mowing a couple years back, like night and day quality of cut vs the Kubota MMM. Had higher hopes for the new BX2380, turf tires, smaller machine, any tips on improving the quality of cut with the Kubota MMM? I have a 1 acre yard around my house its not a field.
I bot a bx2670 with a 60" MMM just over a year ago. I mow around 3 acres of mountainside with it. The steepest parts and densest grass are around the house. I'm really happy with the cut. Keeping rpms up does make a difference. For tight spots along the house I use a husquvarna 4wd walk behind mower.

This sounds like something unusual with ur mower blades as others have suggested. Is it possible for you to take the deck to a dealer for someone to take a quick look?