Kubota 2-Stage Clutch

/ Kubota 2-Stage Clutch #1  

JonDyana

Tractor
Kubota BX25D, L305DT
Can someone explain in detail how the Kubota 2-stage clutch works in the early to mid 1980's models? Is there an advantage to it? Thanks in advance!

/ Kubota 2-Stage Clutch #2  
Pushing half way down on the clutch tractor stops moving, push all the way down tractor and PTO stop moving.

You can keep mower or other implements going while changing gears.

David

/ Kubota 2-Stage Clutch
Pushing half way down on the clutch tractor stops moving, push all the way down tractor and PTO stop moving.

You can keep mower or other implements going while changing gears.

David

That's it?........ Huh..... I was lead to believe that there was some sort of learning curve to the clutch. Thanks.

/ Kubota 2-Stage Clutch #4  
Well now a lot of tractors still have un-synchronized transmissions so you will still get gear clashing, I got so I could manipulate the throttle on the MF35 so I could shift without the clutch on the road without stopping.

Most newer tractors have un-synchronized range gears but synchronized main gears in the transmissions.

And if you ever come across a Kubota Grand L with a GST transmission it is a fully automated self clutching auto shifting gear transmission.

David

/ Kubota 2-Stage Clutch #5  
Many people think that if you have a clutch, it needs to be floored at each use. That is usually not true.