Loading B7100 on Trailer

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer #1  

Saskstallion

Tractor
Kubota B7100D
I've just purchased a 1980 B7100, and will be headed about 5hrs away to pick it up.
I've got a 18' car-hauler trailer with ramps, and the tractor will have the loader and 3pt. tiller on it during transport. The tractor also comes with a rear blade that won't be attached, but will be tied down to the trailer.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to set this gear up on the trailer (ie: back tractor onto trailer and put blade at rear, drive tractor onto trailer and but blade at front, etc...)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer #2  
I've just purchased a 1980 B7100, and will be headed about 5hrs away to pick it up.
I've got a 18' car-hauler trailer with ramps, and the tractor will have the loader and 3pt. tiller on it during transport. The tractor also comes with a rear blade that won't be attached, but will be tied down to the trailer.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to set this gear up on the trailer (ie: back tractor onto trailer and put blade at rear, drive tractor onto trailer and but blade at front, etc...)?

Bare tractor weighs 1080 lbs. + loader at maybe 500 lbs.?
Tiller maybe 400 lbs.? Blade maybe 200 lbs.?
Total maybe....2180 lbs.?
Trailer wt. maybe 1800 lbs?
GVW 3980 lbs.?
However you work it out, you should be looking for a minimum of 398 lbs. (10%) on the hitch ball.
Probably should load the blade forward on the trailer, and then basically center the tractor/tiller combination, driven on forward, slightly forward of the trailer wheels.

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer #3  

Bare tractor weighs 1080 lbs. + loader at maybe 500 lbs.?
Tiller maybe 400 lbs.? Blade maybe 200 lbs.?
Total maybe....2180 lbs.?
Trailer wt. maybe 1800 lbs?
GVW 3980 lbs.?
However you work it out, you should be looking for a minimum of 398 lbs. (10%) on the hitch ball.
Probably should load the blade forward on the trailer, and then park the center of tractor/tiller combination (driven on forward), slightly forward of the center of the trailer wheels.

Last edited:
   / Loading B7100 on Trailer #4  
Google "Tractor package" (with quotes!) and look at the images... Most of the time, they put a box blade under the FEL... I don't see a problem with a blade in the same location.

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer #6  
When I hauled my B6100 from California to W. Virginia years ago, I had the FEL, Tiller and 38" box blade. I attached the tiller to the 3pt, picked up the box blade with chains and the FEL and set it on the front of the trailer. Then I drove on head first to the correct balance point for weight on the hitch ball. Made sure to have the PTO in neutral when driving on/off because the tiller tines may want to drag on the ground depending on the steepness and length of your ramps.

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer
Thanks for this WVBill.
Dumb question, as I'm new to the older Kubotas, to make sure the PTO is in neutral, to I have to have the clutch in and basically feather the breaks to drive down the trailer ramps?

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer #8  
My B6100 was a Gear drive (not HST) and had a speed selector for the PTO ( H - N - L ) In the Neutral position the PTO/Tiller is basically disconnected from the tractor gear box. After that, just put it in gear and feather the clutch/brakes as necessary to get it on/off. It was my first tractor and putting it on the trailer was the very first thing I did with it, so I was pretty apprehensive but it all worked out.

/ Loading B7100 on Trailer #9  
And make sure the tractor/trailer combo is on a level surface when you load/unload...May already know that but I've seen some funny & scary stuff regarding that. Some of it my own doing. :D Nothing quite like unloading the weight of the rear of the truck with a tractor 1/2 way on/off the trailer. :eek: