BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #1  

deathtoblackberries

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Is there a way to tighten the throttle lever so it doesn't slip? I push it to 2,500 and it slips back to 1800, I can push the throttle lever and watch it move back all by itself. Eventually after I mash it up enough times it stays put but its annoying me.

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #2  
I do believe it can be adjusted, take the screen below the steering wheel off and look up under the dash, there is a nut on the throttle lever that can adjust the friction to hold the lever at what ever position you select.

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #3  
I do believe it can be adjusted, take the screen below the steering wheel off and look up under the dash, there is a nut on the throttle lever that can adjust the friction to hold the lever at what ever position you select.

I had the same problem, and this was the exact fix I did to mine.

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #4  
Same problem last year. Suppose to have a double nut on bottom of the throttle arm. The first one had vibrated off. Got lucky it was trapped by the screen under the steering wheel. I have bought locknuts to replace the standard flange nuts that come from the factory.

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #5  
Mine was doing that. Both nuts were present, however the both nuts kept loosening in unison no matter how I adjusted them. I ended up installing a nyloc on the bottom and it has been perfect so far.

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #6  
Is there a way to tighten the throttle lever so it doesn't slip? I push it to 2,500 and it slips back to 1800, I can push the throttle lever and watch it move back all by itself. Eventually after I mash it up enough times it stays put but its annoying me.
Love your handle! Haven't had your issue but I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Does make me curious and will look at the linkage on my BX.

Battleground... I had a long distance ( 3hr drive) just after high school, love affair with a girl (she was a cheerleader) in Battleground back in the day. long story... well not long enough if I would have had it my way.

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips #7  
One of the many problems I had with the JD 1025R.

Ralph

/ BX2380 Throttle Lever Slips
Love your handle! Haven't had your issue but I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Does make me curious and will look at the linkage on my BX.

Battleground... I had a long distance ( 3hr drive) just after high school, love affair with a girl (she was a cheerleader) in Battleground back in the day. long story... well not long enough if I would have had it my way.

LOL everyone who lives in Washington/Oregon gets what my handle is about.