Help - Snowblower Electric Chute Linkage

/ Help - Snowblower Electric Chute Linkage #1  

moship

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST 4x4 Kubota L4740-3 HST
Reference Snowblowers such as L2173, L2174, L2175, L2185, L2194 etc... with optional electric chute actuator L2179

Help: Looking for guidance on how the linkage shown in the attachments should be positioned with respect to the stationary Chute bracket and how tight the bolt should be torqued.

Background: Last night while blowing snow it seems the linkage in question became loose and I no longer had good control of chute position. If the bracket is positioned horizontal and the pivot bolt tightened it will not close enough. If the linkage is allowed to flop downward as shown in the other photo it will close the chute sending snow to the ground, but not open. In it's current state of the bolt being loose and the linkage allowed to pivot, there is no control of chute position.

I probably could find a position somewhere between the two extremes that will work, but I'm not certain if linkage has some other type function, such as a slip function to reduce forces seen by the actuator. Does anyone have the operating manual or 1st hand knowledge of how this linkage should be set? I bought the snowblower used several years ago with the optional electric chute actuator, but it didn't come with the manual and the dealer could not obtain a copy from Kubota. From what I see in the parts diagrams this linkage is not used with the hydraulic chute actuator.

Also included a picture from the parts diagram. See item 13.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Attachments

• SB Linkage 05.jpg
    SB Linkage 05.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 88
  • SB Linkage 06.jpg
    SB Linkage 06.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 78
  • SB Linkage 08.jpg
    SB Linkage 08.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
   / Help - Snowblower Electric Chute Linkage #2  
I'd say 'linkage in question' should be real tight or welded permanently ..I suspect this was a 'fix' to accommodate a different length or type cylinder.
i.e., hydraulic vs electric.

/ Help - Snowblower Electric Chute Linkage
Adjusted the linkage position to find the best opening/close performance and tightened the nut as tight as possible.

If someone knows if this needs to be set otherwise or to specific specification please let me know.

For the record it is set similar to what is show in the 2nd picture of post #1.

/ Help - Snowblower Electric Chute Linkage #4  
The bolt and nut with the spring washer need to be tightened down hard one you have determined its correct position which is dependent upon actuator travel.

The bolt through the actuator top with the nyloc nut is intended to be loose so rotation can occur around that bolt.
Same thing on the other end of the actuator. It has to be able to pivot slightly hence another nyloc nut

The nyloc nut is just to allow the rotation without having the nut fall off.

The larger fastener with the spring washer, if allowed to be loose would soon have the nut fall off.

Welding the bracket once you are certain it is in the correct position is a good idea but not necessary.

Dave M7040

/ Help - Snowblower Electric Chute Linkage
Thanks Dave M7040.

This is how it is currently setup.