B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues...

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #1  

t_muscio@yahoo.com

Howdy! Anyone ever had their tractor stall when engaging forward and reverse? Starts and runs fine...until you hit the pedals...then it dies. Can anyone help me locate the wires to the neutral SS so I can disconnect and use the machine? Just no dang time to mess with it right now! TIA!

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #2  
That description sounds more like a seat switch problem. Does the B7800 have one? If it does just connect the two wires together.

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #3  
Howdy! Anyone ever had their tractor stall when engaging forward and reverse? Starts and runs fine...until you hit the pedals...then it dies. Can anyone help me locate the wires to the neutral SS so I can disconnect and use the machine? Just no dang time to mess with it right now! TIA!

Just remember if this ever goes to court. You are going to lose and be liable for damage or death .As you demonstrated a disregard for safety by disconnecting a safety system . What are the odds of the seat switch ever being repaired once it has been jumpered?

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #4  
More worried about a tractor stalling on a hill and it free wheeling down a hill then anything else that is a bigger problem then a bypassed seat switch.

So how is a seat switch going to be responsible for killing somebody else when it is for the operator only.

David

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues...
That description sounds more like a seat switch problem. Does the B7800 have one? If it does just connect the two wires together.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot when it gets daylight.

As for safety issues, I been operating farm machinery since I was 12, way before all these safety features were in play---EXCEPT my Dad had a HUGE brass safety pin hooked to a dead-man wire that that went through my belt loop---I guess he was a safety pioneer back in the day with that old Ford 850 Powermaster! Just need it to run right now, being way off-grid and 2 hours away from any Kubota dealer.

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #6  
Started out on a Ford 8N and then a MF35 with no iinterlock switches at all. Sometimes the safety police are idiots, have a GST and if the engine dies you loose all hydraulics to the clutch packs and the transmission free wheels so how good is that if every time you bounce in the seat the engine stops. But your seat switch is not making proper contact, check the wires, but may be dirty contacts inside the switch, sometimes you can pull the connector off and jumper with a piece of stripped copper wire. Nobody else ever runs my equipment or ever will and if catch them on death will be by other means anyway.

David

Started out on a Ford 8N and then a MF35 with no iinterlock switches at all. Sometimes the safety police are idiots, have a GST and if the engine dies you loose all hydraulics to the clutch packs and the transmission free wheels so how good is that if every time you bounce in the seat the engine stops. But your seat switch is not making proper contact, check the wires, but may be dirty contacts inside the switch, sometimes you can pull the connector off and jumper with a piece of stripped copper wire. Nobody else ever runs my equipment or ever will and if catch them on death will be by other means anyway.

David
Thank you, certainly will try that. I agree, these safety switches are not geared for old-school operators...more a pain in the butt than anything else. Probably because everybody with an acre or two 'need' a tractor these days and have no prior experience.

Just remember if this ever goes to court. You are going to lose and be liable for damage or death .As you demonstrated a disregard for safety by disconnecting a safety system . What are the odds of the seat switch ever being repaired once it has been jumpered?
Bypassed seat switch; works fine now! So, my plan now is when I want the tractor to shut off, I'll use the key! Ahhh...the good old days! Back to common sense. You are correct, the chances are NONE that I will EVER go back to 'repair' that nonsense.

Thank you, Mendonsy!

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #9  
If they used industrial grade switches made for being in wet conditions it would be ok but these are slightly upgraded refrigerator door switches.

David

/ B7800 Neutral Safety Switch Issues... #10  
Bypassed seat switch; works fine now! So, my plan now is when I want the tractor to shut off, I'll use the key! Ahhh...the good old days! Back to common sense. You are correct, the chances are NONE that I will EVER go back to 'repair' that nonsense.

Thank you, Mendonsy!
Yeah, my B7500 has interlocks on the HST and PTO that prevent starting it if they aren't in neutral but that's all. Once it is running everything is good, no seat switch.