Land Pride or WRLong

/ Land Pride or WRLong #1  

milemarker211

Tractor
Kubota
Since I didn't get any hits on my earlier question regarding available videos showing installation of a diverter valve, I might instead go the 3rd function route but am now in a quandary as to which manufacturer to choose. On the one hand, there actually is an in-depth series of 3 videos showing a WR Long 3rd function being installed on a Kubota on Youtube, but on the other hand, and since Land Pride has partnered with Kubota on attachments, you would think they'd be the better choice -- at least you know that the hose-lengths will be correct -- but the 'kicker' is that I've already read an article where a Kubota owner who purchased a Land Pride 3rd function kit was saying that the instructions weren't very clear about identifying what hose goes where and was asking for help -- can't remember if it was this site or Orange Tractor Talks. In any event, should I decide to go for the 3rd function over the diverter valve, It'd be nice to get a consensus as to which manufacturer you guys would choose, LP or WR Long.
Many thanks in advance of your answers.

/ Land Pride or WRLong #2  
Have WR Long on the L3130, other then going through a couple of rocker switches the WR Long kit has functioned very well.

David

/ Land Pride or WRLong #3  
I have a Land Pride SGC1560 rock/root grapple - using a WR Long third function to control it. It comes with a new FEL joy stick with a toggle switch on the joy stick. Takes a bit to get use to the system - its either on or off - no modulation. Its a VERY heavy duty grapple but thats what I wanted. Get tired of replacing wimpy implements. Grapple is - - 60" wide and weighs 860#. I'm still able to pick up 2500+ pounds with this grapple system.

View attachment 547275

Last edited:
   / Land Pride or WRLong #4  
Since I didn't get any hits on my earlier question regarding available videos showing installation of a diverter valve, I might instead go the 3rd function route but am now in a quandary as to which manufacturer to choose. On the one hand, there actually is an in-depth series of 3 videos showing a WR Long 3rd function being installed on a Kubota on Youtube, but on the other hand, and since Land Pride has partnered with Kubota on attachments, you would think they'd be the better choice -- at least you know that the hose-lengths will be correct -- but the 'kicker' is that I've already read an article where a Kubota owner who purchased a Land Pride 3rd function kit was saying that the instructions weren't very clear about identifying what hose goes where and was asking for help -- can't remember if it was this site or Orange Tractor Talks. In any event, should I decide to go for the 3rd function over the diverter valve, It'd be nice to get a consensus as to which manufacturer you guys would choose, LP or WR Long.
Many thanks in advance of your answers.

Don't know if this a new tractor/FEL/grapple purchase or not but if a new purchase, buy everything from the dealer and let them install and set-up. Yes, you will likely pay a bit more but there will be no finger pointing later when things go wrong. BTDT.

SDT

/ Land Pride or WRLong #5  
I agree with SDT 100%. I researched grapples for over a year before purchasing what I have. I HAD to acknowledge my lack of understanding of tractor hydraulics and the fact that being Norwegian - I'm sort of hard headed also. I paid to have the dealer instal the third function and the grapple. Money well spent in my case.

/ Land Pride or WRLong #6  
We sell TONS of the Custom WR Long 3rd function hydraulic kits and guys love em! Check out the 142 Customer reviews on our website.
I know the video series you're talking about. Here's another I share quite frequently which shows it on an L4600. WR Long 3rd function valve installation on Kubota - YouTube

Take $50 off when you order it with the Best Grapple on the Planet for your tractor! Wicked Grapple, of course!!
Travis

20180321_151617s.jpg

20170413_132832es.jpg

66singleL47015s.jpg

50singleL33016e.png

kubotaB262es.jpg

KubotaL25015s.jpg

/ Land Pride or WRLong #7  
I've love my WR Long third functions on a 50hp and now my 70hp. It will fit your hand like a glove and the quality is tops. Kubota WR Long bucket open.jpgIMG_2616.JPG