Mowing Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #1  

Rock Crawler

Veteran Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L3560 HSTC, 2011 Craftsman Excellerator GT (680hrs), 2018 Husqvarna TS354XD, 2017 Husqvarna HU800AWD, 2019 Kawasaki Mule Pro DX (Yanmar)
   / Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #2  
I doubt going to a 60” mower is going to change anything. I noted late in the video you know to let off the hst pedal, which still got you up the hill but slower.
That incline is pretty steep, and medium range is a lot to ask. If you must take it faster than low range allows then more hp would be in order. I know my L4060 would take a similar hill in medium range with a 7’ deck, but it would definitely feel it.
Nice video btw...

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #3  
Have you tried it without the loader (arms and everything removed)? The weight of all that steel could make a difference. There's a noticeable difference with my L3200 going up the hill section of our driveway when I have the loader on. I have a LandPride 1672 on the L3200 and it works pretty well. Most of my yard is fairly flat but there's a kid of bank that separates it into two levels. It can all be done in high range but mid range should be used for some of it. In mid range I can run it up a hill with the mower cutting grass.

I mentioned it here before, but you may find it interesting. I had a Kubota B7500 and the Ford 1210 with 5' RFM's. The Ford has a Caroni and the Kubota had a LandPride. The LandPride was much beefier than the Caroni. Just because I wondered how it would go, I swapped decks. The Kubota handled the lighter Caroni deck like it was weightless. The little Ford with the LandPride deck was way overburdened.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #4  
I hate to say it when you have A beautiful new tractor, but it looks like for that application you need more hp. Good luck.....

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #5  
I hate to say it when you have A beautiful new tractor, but it looks like for that application you need more hp. Good luck.....

Or smaller attachments

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?
How about driving in low range when going up the hill?
If you watch the video, I demonstrate that low range, full throttle can not keep up. PTO speeds drop into the mid 300's.

Low range dogs out hard as well and drops to less than walking speed. Unacceptable. My Craftsman Garden Tractor will literally mow circles around this thing.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?
Or smaller attachments
A fellow up above suggests that dropping to a 60" mower likely will not help this situation. My garden tractor is a 54", I may as well just get a garden tractor rather than mess around with this thing if it's going to cut at half the ground speed and really no bigger mower than I'm already using. What a let down.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #9  
I wonder how it would do with the 72” mmm it can be purchased with. You might ask the dealer to let you try it out to compare. Something does not sound right.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #10  
I have a Land Pride 60inch rear discharge finish mower, got it to use with the L3130 but have used it on the BX2230. The BX barely runs the finish mower and bogs down when you hit tall grass, now when I switch to the 60 inch midmount deck I can just about mow anything except tall field grass, not sure if with your configuration it would fit but look at a mid mount deck.

David