I just fell in love with HST+

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
When I switched over from MX5100 to L5740 is was for the cab, I didn't care about the HST+. Within a few hours I started to really like the shift-on-the-fly split ranges for L-M-H. But I rarely used Auto Throttle Advance, I thought it felt weird. Today I had to shuttle a whole bunch of road base. After a few trips I set the throttle to about 1700-1800 rpm, and activated the ATA. Duh, took me a 100 hours to adopt this mode of operation. So I'm a slow learner but a happy one.

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #2  
STALL GUARD is my favorite Kubota HST/PLUS iteration. I used to stall my B3300SU at least twice per hour doing repetitive Loader work. On L3560 with STALL GUARD, once per month, maybe.

VIDEO: Kubota HST Plus Transmission Features - YouTube

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #3  
The duel range shifter is great. The HST+ transmission on my L3240 didn’t have the annoying whine my L3800 has either. Actually the the GrandL has several better features over the regular version.

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #4  
I bought a L6060HST last spring and used it all summer completely ignoring the HST+. It wasn't until I started plowing snow that I realized the value of the feature. When coupled with the auto throttle advance, it's a real time / fuel saver.

I also found it handy when doing road grading work this spring. I no longer have to stop to change gears when pulling a loaded stone rake up a grade.

/ I just fell in love with HST+
I bought a L6060HST last spring and used it all summer completely ignoring the HST+. It wasn't until I started plowing snow that I realized the value of the feature. When coupled with the auto throttle advance, it's a real time / fuel saver.

I also found it handy when doing road grading work this spring. I no longer have to stop to change gears when pulling a loaded stone rake up a grade.

Your photos of your MX5800 make me wish I still had the MX5100, I'd keep the hoe on it full-time. If only money and space were limitless...

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #6  
The duel range shifter is great. The HST+ transmission on my L3240 didn’t have the annoying whine my L3800 has either. Actually the the GrandL has several better features over the regular version.

Yeah, some people call the extra labor and time saving features of a Grand L over a "Standard L" bells and whistles. I call them worth the money and then some.
If those features didn't save time and money not to mention effort and frustration , Kubota (and other manufactures) wouldn't have put them on there.

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #7  
My experience was pretty much the same. I traded in my perfectly good L5030HST for an L5740HSTC to avoid the Tier IV stuff etc. My test drive was definitely less than impressive. A few days of use sure turned me around and I'm now a true believer, for my purposes anyway.

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #8  
I didn't know there was an auto HDS feature until i saw the video. I love being able to manually swap it. Now i need to check if it is turned on, on my tractor.

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #9  
You'll like the HST even more if using front end loader.:thumbsup:

/ I just fell in love with HST+ #10  
I turned auto HDS on. Guess i should read the manual. 0508181939.jpeg