Kubota engine oil

/ Kubota engine oil #1  

eddieirvine

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3940
What do you guys use for engine oil in your kubota diesel? any of you use Synthetic oil?

/ Kubota engine oil #2  
I use regular(non-synthetic) Kubota motor oil. I don't use synthetic because the dealer said it was unnecessary. I change motor oil & filter every year so synthetic would be a wasted expense also. You will hear that a lot of folks like Rotella - its a Shell product.

/ Kubota engine oil #3  
I use Rotella T6.

/ Kubota engine oil #4  
Rotella synthetic in my L3830 and ZD326. I will use it in my RTV X1120D at the 50 hour change

/ Kubota engine oil #6  
If it is under warranty. Use Kubota oil and filters plus keep the receipts .

Good advice. I have a new Ram pickup and I wouldn't think of using anything but OEM maintenance items. Once out of warranty, it'll get T6 though.

/ Kubota engine oil #7  
If it meets the API specs it’s ok by Federal law. There’s many more Diesel engines out working with Rotella in them than Kubota oil. But whatever your comfortable with is cool with me

/ Kubota engine oil #8  
Good advice. I have a new Ram pickup and I wouldn't think of using anything but OEM maintenance items. Once out of warranty, it'll get T6 though.

Heck one of the few approved oils for my Ram is T6 5w-40

/ Kubota engine oil #9  
to the op
you live in indiana...it gets cold go w/synthetic for cold starting properties alone
as mentioned, t6 would be (& is ) my choice

/ Kubota engine oil #10  
I use Shells Rotella 15W-40 T4 (non-synthetic oil) which meets Kubota's oil class CJ-4 specification and temperature range for my area. What Kubota's Operator's Manual specifies is good enough for me.

Used non-synthetic oil for the last 20 years in my L4200GST and will continue to use the same oil in my new L5060GST which was delivered just today. :) I see no compelling reason to change.

I'm sure if synthetic oil was really that much better for their tractors, Kubota and other manufacturers would would be putting that in their engines and also specifying synthetic oil in the Owners Manual.

To those who say "nothing but synthetic oil", well, it's your money, what ever makes you happy. :dance1:

Last edited: