BX2200/LA211 Hydraulic Fluid Change?

/ BX2200/LA211 Hydraulic Fluid Change? #1  

Chyzikj

Tractor
BX2200
I am getting ready to change the hydraulic fluid on my BX2200 as part of the 300 hour service. I use my LA211 loader quite a bit and would like to make sure the dirty hydraulic fluid in the lines and cylinders are drained also. I don't know what volume of fluid is held on the loader and I realize it will mix with the clean fluid on the BX after I change that fluid, but I would like to drain as much of the dirty fluid out of both units as possible. The lame owners manual does not address this.

Anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this? ...or is the amount too small to worry about.

Thanks in advance for your replies...

...jeff

/ BX2200/LA211 Hydraulic Fluid Change? #2  
<font color="blue"> ...or is the amount too small to worry about.
</font>

I think most would say not to worry about the fluid in the loader cylinders...I know I don't...

Someone posted a similar question and had the idea of raising the loader/curling the bucket to extend the cylinders, and then taking loose the hoses on the one side of the cylinder. After that lowering the loader to retract the cylinders...and forcing the oil out of the second side, while sucking air in the other side...but in the end (if I remember right) it was pretty much concluded that the result was not worth the effort and risk of doing that sort of thing.

/ BX2200/LA211 Hydraulic Fluid Change? #3  
<font color="blue"> or is the amount too small to worry about? </font>

When this question has been asked previously the answer was don't worry about it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif