Fuel what do you use

/ Fuel what do you use #1  

coupman35

Gold Member
Tractor
Now a L4060 had B2650
This came out as I was getting fuel .Guy asked me if I was using colored fuel or just the regular whit fuel at the pump.Now his got me thinking .Is the red color fuel better for my tractoc or is the white .Is the red fuel bette what your info on this.Red is cheaper up my way they say it for off road tractor .

/ Fuel what do you use #2  
Red fuel is dyed red to signal no road tax was paid on it. The fuel its self is the same.

/ Fuel what do you use #4  
I've been using red dyed fuel oil for over 20 years in all 6 of my Kubotas. Never had a problem.

/ Fuel what do you use #5  
this throws it all off..
Aviation gasoline 80/87 red dye
Aviation gasoline 82UL purple dye
Aviation gasoline 100LL blue dye
Aviation gasoline 100/130 green dye
any of those are better for an older tractor, because they contain lead, except the 82UL which is unleaded..

/ Fuel what do you use #6  
I use regular pump diesel in my BX2200 forever. No problems with it.

/ Fuel what do you use #7  
this throws it all off..
Aviation gasoline 80/87 red dye
Aviation gasoline 82UL purple dye
Aviation gasoline 100LL blue dye
Aviation gasoline 100/130 green dye
any of those are better for an older tractor, because they contain lead, except the 82UL which is unleaded..
Relevance? I'm assuming the OP is talking about diesel based on a B2650 listed in his info.

/ Fuel what do you use
Rep am talking about diesel .Also the mechanic told me Id use the red diesel. Don't no why he said that bu I will ask him next time am in the shop.

/ Fuel what do you use #10  
Rep am talking about diesel .Also the mechanic told me Id use the red diesel. Don't no why he said that bu I will ask him next time am in the shop.
There is no reason. The only difference between the two in this day and age is that one has road tax paid, the other doesn't and had red dye added to show that.
Both are ULSD in the US.

Aaron Z