New to me BX2660 Need help!

/ New to me BX2660 Need help! #1  

Goeddel

Tractor
BX2660
Hey everyone. Im the proud new owner of a 2009 BX2660 with loader and 60 MMM. I bought is on Wednesday for a pretty good price I couldnt pass up butof course it has a few problems I discovered. First, and easiest, half of the engine cover is broken off and the headlight assembly is broke in half so the headlights bounce around.. no thats no big deal just a new engine cover and headlight assembly. The two big problems are the HST fan is missing its blades and I have a large Hydraulic leak. There is times of info on the fan so that is all good what scares me is the hydrolic leak.
When buying it I noticed a lot of crud built up and a slight wetness around the hst filter when buying. It was parked outside I drove it around and check the fluids and everything was fine. I bough it loaded it in trailer and drove 2.5 hours home. I got home, puddle in the trailer fluid still checked okay. Drove it around the yard a little an parked it for the night. The next day, yesterday, there was a large puddle under the tractor behind the MMM and no fluid touching the dipstick. I pulled the MMM to investigate. That is when I seen the fan missing blades :mur: I cleaned the areas around the filter and bottom of the HST. Within a minute there was already a drip running down the side of the filter from above it. I plan on pulling the filter tonight or tomorrow to look at what is above but I am hoping for some insight from all of you. What might be leaking above the filter? I see lines right above the filter. What are those running to? Could they be the leak? Of is there something above there that might be leaking?
Any insight would be helpful before I go digging in. This is my first tractor and first step into anything with hydraulics. But, I am quite mechanically inclined so that helps. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
   / New to me BX2660 Need help! #2  
Welcome to TBN. While I can't help you with the leak problem I suggest downloading the work shop manual for free HERE . It should be of great help with your problems.

/ New to me BX2660 Need help!
Welcome to TBN. While I can't help you with the leak problem I suggest downloading the work shop manual for free HERE . It should be of great help with your problems.

Thanks! I didn’t know I could get it for free. I appreciate it!

/ New to me BX2660 Need help! #4  
Worse case is the case is broken up above the filter. Best case is there is some kind of line that leaves the case above that area that is leaking. I don't have mine to look at but it seems like there might be some hydraulic lines above the filter.

/ New to me BX2660 Need help! #5  
To locate the source of the leak, you might clean up the suspected area with kerosene and cloths. The let it sit overnight to actually see the source of the leak. With the mowing deck off, you might be able to wiggle under there with some good lighting too.

Good Luck, and welcome to TBN
Mike

/ New to me BX2660 Need help! #6  
Worse case is the case is broken up above the filter. Best case is there is some kind of line that leaves the case above that area that is leaking. I don't have mine to look at but it seems like there might be some hydraulic lines above the filter.

These things are a little notorious for original factory hydraulic lines getting breaks and starting to leak. The power steering lines, the loader lines or both. I've had to replace them on our BX2200 and dealers swear that the replacement hoses they put on will last much longer than the factory ones. If you are lucky, as Dodge man says, some line above your filter is doing the leaking. I'd lean toward betting that is the case.

/ New to me BX2660 Need help!
Well after removing the genders and floor pan for further inspection I may have found the source. I believe it is coming out of where the neutral switch goes into the HST. That is where the spring that is by the oil filter to adjust to pedal connects to and goes into the HST. From the parts diagram it appears there is an O-ring that sits in there. The problem is that I have to idea how I am going to be able to replace that. Does anyone know if I remove the fwd shaft I will be able to pull the neutral safety switch? Kubota BX266�D Parts Diagrams The oring is number 170 on the transmission diagram D01200 HST arm (not sure how to link direct sorry!)