changing tractor hydraulic dust covers

/ changing tractor hydraulic dust covers #1  

eddieirvine

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3940
Any suggestions on changing ou my dust covers on my hyd bucket? colors are faded and i have new ones but don't want to disassemble all the fittings just to put dust covers on. I did try a heat gun to get them softer without burning them up, got two on that way until my fingers and hands hurt so bad I quit. Any suggestions would be very helpful, other than hire a gorilla to stretch them out for me?

/ changing tractor hydraulic dust covers
I have thought of that Sandyc but got out of the hot shop for a bit and got to thinking scary I know, I went down and checked my larger 3/4 sockets and found one that fit over the knurled quick disconnect. used a heat gun to get it warm like I tried before and put socket in vise and was able to get it on, a held stationery socket helped and they went on a lot easier, went to the hyd fitting slid it over the knurled quick disconnect which was larger than the knurled coupling and work great. I am sure there are other ways like you said wire ties, I was ready to use them and this brain storm arisen from somewhere in my head LOL thanks for the tips, great forum always has been.