Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #1  

ShogunKC

Tractor
Kubota L3540, Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader
We closed on about 11 acres of land recently. Plan to build a barn and house in the near future. Most of the property will be for our horses. It's mostly grass and was either used for hay or cow pasture in recent years. Has part of a large 10 acre pond on our side of the property.

Have been reading these forums for a few weeks as part of my research for a tractor. Had it narrowed down primarily to Kubota, mostly for their quality and because there are 3 dealers in close proximity. Other near dealerships were John Deere, Kioti, and Mahindra.

Came across a used Kubota L3540 tractor on Craigslist and after checking it out, I bought it! Took it out to the property Saturday, bought a used 72" Land Pride finish mower yesterday and mowed a few acres.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and great information here! Still have a lot more to do. Need to build a gravel driveway, clean up around the pond, level an area for the pole barn, and lots of fencing to install.

78F57528-37FB-415B-B903-25DD62E82EDA.jpeg

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #3  
Congratulations on the Grand L purchase.

L3540 is a great weight tractor for tasks on eleven acres.

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #4  
Nice, Looks brand new.
Congratulations

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #5  
Congratulations on your new acquisition, I am a big L40 fan and for your needs/acreage the 3540 should serve you well. Things you might want to consider, bucket hooks and an upgraded radiator guard. Of course we all or almost all go a bit further, but you'll discover that on your own and categorize needs v wants.

I have Top and Tilt, third function valve, cab protectors, radiator guard, fluid filled tires with added wheel weights, and step on the right side.

Last edited:
   / Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #6  
Nice looking tractor, congratulations!

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #7  
Your new tractor looks mint. Care to say how many hours on it? Bet you're going to love it.

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #8  
Welcome and congrats! You are in for many joyous hours on your new Kubota.

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #9  
Welcome! Very nice tractor! I'm looking at the L series for an upgrade to my BX. Something about that size. Actually someplace between 32-45 hp -- no bigger.

How much did you pick it up for, if you don't mind me asking?

/ Bought my first tractor: Kubota L3540 #10  
Congrats On the Tractor. Very nice machine!