Required PTO hp for F series mowers

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
Hi everyone. I cannot find any published data from Kubota on the hp requirement for the RCK60P-F39/RCK72P-F39 mower decks. Kubota does not publish PTO hp on the F series mower either. The F2690 has about 26 engine hp., not sure if that will power the 72" deck.
I have a JD2520 with about 21hp PTO that has no problem with a Woods 72" RMM. Not that I don't trust my dealer, but they seem to sell just 60" decks, so I would like to hear from owners.
Thanks

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #2  
PTO 18-20HP for 60" is a safe estimate. You are probably ok on the 72" with 26 engine HP, at worst you have to cut slower.

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #3  
Hi everyone. I cannot find any published data from Kubota on the hp requirement for the RCK60P-F39/RCK72P-F39 mower decks. Kubota does not publish PTO hp on the F series mower either. The F2690 has about 26 engine hp., not sure if that will power the 72" deck.
I have a JD2520 with about 21hp PTO that has no problem with a Woods 72" RMM. Not that I don't trust my dealer, but they seem to sell just 60" decks, so I would like to hear from owners.
Thanks

You should be fine with the 72". Ask over in the "Kubota Lawn & Garden" section - lots of F series owners over there. Pretty sure there are a few with the F2690 and 72" decks.

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers
Thanks
Going over to the other forum.

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #6  
You should be fine with the 72". Ask over in the "Kubota Lawn & Garden" section - lots of F series owners over there. Pretty sure there are a few with the F2690 and 72" decks.
I agree, we have a Kubota BX2660 which has a 60 inch deck on it and you have to work very hard to get it to bog down.
The motor (26HP) could probably handle a 72 inch deck fine as long as you aren't trying to go from a hayfield to a golf course in one pass.

Aaron Z

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #7  
Thanks

Why do you ask? Going to put a front deck on your John Deere? Going to buy a Kubota front deck machine?

My 28hp Kubota powered TORO has no problem with the 72" recycler deck:
P5300019.JPG
P5300020.JPG

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #8  
I've owned a F2680e 2wd with 72" deck with no lack for power and also owned 2 (Currently own one) F 3080s 4wd with 72" decks with no need for more power on my mountain side steep acres. Buy more HP if you want but the need for it will only be in your mind. Some say they are going to mow acres of 4' to 5' high grass which the 26 and 30 will do and will keep doing it as you keep replacing the bearings on the drive wheels due to the continued mowing of high grass that will wrap around the bearings and destroy them. Occasional mowing of super high grass with an F is OK but check for grass wrapped around the drive wheel bearings if you do it but the power is there.

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers
Thanks JT. Thant's good info. Do you think the 2690 could handle a 60" deck AND the grass collection system? I'm still shopping for late model used, new f2690 not out of the question.

/ Required PTO hp for F series mowers #10  
I know nothing about grass collection systems other than the ones that cut grass into fine particles of fertilizer and broadcast them directly down on the yard. If your talking about those that collect and remove your fertilizer, I have no idea if they take away any of the HP. I believe I covered pretty thoroughly my confidence in the 26 HP F thru several years of actual hands on experience using one. I'd think if it would cut 4' grass then you'd surely be using the one that removes the natural fertilizer on fairly short grass so doubt "collector" would equal 4' grass in that scenario.
Weight boxes and grass collection systems:confused::confused2::eek::shocked::thumbdown::confused3: