Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab

/ Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab #1  

PA hayseed

Platinum Member
Tractor
nx5010 hst cab
I have read the spec sheets for the loader, and it doesn't appear that it can lift a pallet off a trailer weighing a ton (2000 pounds). Anyone with real world experience willing to chime in? I am looking to get a new tractor with a cab, and I am keeping my options open irrespective of color/brand. I need it to be able to lift a ton of pellets off a trailer and move them ( I am calling it a total of 2050 pounds with shrink wrap, pallet, plastic cover, and the ton of pellets). My current tractor won't do it, and I am constantly removing bags off of the pallets to be able to move it. According to the spec sheet 500mm forward of the pivot pin the lift capacity drops way down. The yanmar dealer was not comfortable saying the YT359 would do it, so that one is off the menu.

TO be clear, I know about counter weight and weight of tractor. I am assuming that the bucket weight with a tooth bar would be comparable to the wieght of the forks.

Looking for owners with experience lifting pallets off a trailer. Lifting off the ground and lifting off a trailer are not the same task.

/ Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab #2  
I recently saw a picture from someone interested in buying a Mahindra 2555 cab tractor where the dealer brought the tractor our so the guy could try it and it had no trouble lifting the 1 ton pallet of pellets and the tractor wasn't even ballasted with a counterweight or loaded rear tires.

The L5460 was on my list when I was shopping but it didn't seem as capable. If you like your Kioti have you looked at the NX5010 or NX5510? Both of those have a lift capacity over 2700 lbs. The NX5510 was second on my list before I bought my Mahindra 2655 HST Cab.

And don't forget, lift capacity includes the weight of what you're lifting with whether a bucket or pallet forks. Pallet forks can weigh 300- 450 lbs or more depending on what style you get.

/ Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab #3  
There are 3 loader options for grands. My L4060 can only be speced with the small & medium, so of course I went with the medium.

When I got my new flail mower the pallet was marked 1910lbs. I couldn't really lift it, started pushing it back to the barn & it ended up a few inches off the ground. I pulled the PTO shaft & a pile of plastic wrap & cardboard off (20lbs, maybe 30?). I was then able to lift it a foot or so.

With minimal ballast my L4030 felt rock solid at max lift. Way more solid than my old L3200 at max lift with 300lbs of junk on the back of a 5' rotary cutter for lots of ballast. The L3200 was very sketchy lifting heavy as ballast was the weak link not the loader. The hydraulics for the medium loader on a L4060 are definitely the weak link. Not a bad thing & probably a lot safer, but results in the loader feeling a bit weak at times.

I'd expect 2050lbs + pallet forks would be well within the range of the big loader on the L4760 or bigger. Personal experience says there is plenty of stability at near that weight. I reckon the big loader should lift at least 200lbs more than mine too.

If you were lifting that load high and/or stacking 2000lbs hay bales, IBC totes or something you may want to consider a bigger machine. But for not super frequent use I'd expect the big loader on a grand to take care of business.

/ Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab #4  
Heavier Kubota M6060, M7060, with cab and FEL LA1154, lift capacity 2,538 pounds, usually costs out cheaper than L6060, if shuttle shift will satisfy you in lieu of HST/PLUS.

LINK: https://www.kubotausa.com/products/tractors/utility/m60

As tractor ages FEL lift capacity will decrease circa 5%.

Increased friction in pivots, wear on lift cylinders, etc.

Last edited:
   / Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab #5  
I have read the spec sheets for the loader, and it doesn't appear that it can lift a pallet off a trailer weighing a ton (2000 pounds). Anyone with real world experience willing to chime in? I am looking to get a new tractor with a cab, and I am keeping my options open irrespective of color/brand. I need it to be able to lift a ton of pellets off a trailer and move them ( I am calling it a total of 2050 pounds with shrink wrap, pallet, plastic cover, and the ton of pellets). My current tractor won't do it, and I am constantly removing bags off of the pallets to be able to move it. According to the spec sheet 500mm forward of the pivot pin the lift capacity drops way down. The yanmar dealer was not comfortable saying the YT359 would do it, so that one is off the menu.

TO be clear, I know about counter weight and weight of tractor. I am assuming that the bucket weight with a tooth bar would be comparable to the wieght of the forks.

Looking for owners with experience lifting pallets off a trailer. Lifting off the ground and lifting off a trailer are not the same task.

M59/M62 lifts 2,300lbs totes to full height with 5,000lb forks no problems. You will need counterweight though

/ Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab #6  
Jeffy,

Upon what tested data do you base the lifting capacity decrease in FEL opinion? Pivot friction is a function of lubrication, cylinder or valve leakage are maintenance issues. Both my Lull and IH will lift at specification w/ proper ballast. Maintenance is an expectation of safety and ownership. Speculation is again, not fact.

Edit: As an aside, My MX 5100 has greater listed capacity than MX 5200. Explanation is the tractor body, perhaps not wheelbase, is longer due to additional emissions. Correspondingly, loader arms were also extended, thus reducing capacity. That is why seemingly and visually identical tractors, utilized different loader models.

/ Loader lift capacity on Grand L 5460/6060 HST cab
I recently saw a picture from someone interested in buying a Mahindra 2555 cab tractor where the dealer brought the tractor our so the guy could try it and it had no trouble lifting the 1 ton pallet of pellets and the tractor wasn't even ballasted with a counterweight or loaded rear tires.

The L5460 was on my list when I was shopping but it didn't seem as capable. If you like your Kioti have you looked at the NX5010 or NX5510? Both of those have a lift capacity over 2700 lbs. The NX5510 was second on my list before I bought my Mahindra 2655 HST Cab.

And don't forget, lift capacity includes the weight of what you're lifting with whether a bucket or pallet forks. Pallet forks can weigh 300- 450 lbs or more depending on what style you get.

My intial leaning was to go ahead and get another Kioti, but I want to shop around and see what I can get. No sense in locking myself into a brand, especially seeing as how it will likely be my last bigger sized tractor as I plan on moving to a downsizing in about 7 -9 years). Besides, none of thes tractors are cheap.

Thanks mikester, I wasn't looking at that specific tractor, but it isn't ruled out if it will do the task required. More knowledge makes for a better informed decision.

I'm not ruling that tractor out Jeff, but after several years I have grown fond of my hst. especially for all the loader work I do.

Thanks Fallon. Guess I am going to have to find one in stock and see if the dealer will let me put it to the test. They cut some kubota dealers out in my area so lucky me I get to drive further to look at them. The closest dealer won't have the model I am looking at on the lot until mid July. I remember the dealers being more open to trying the tractors out, but my most recent visits seem to be different. It's like they don't want the pretty tractor moving. It is either that or they are selling them so easily they don't have to put up with PITA people like me.