Screwed up big time :mad

/ Screwed up big time :mad #1  

stoyan79

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, TYM 4820CH
Creek bottom seemed solid at first, but it became soft very quick.
Tried to get out with loader, but everything ahead of me was soft too.
Air box got too close to water, so I shut her down after I raised loader and counterweight.
I had hard time sleeping last night, as I was very angry @ myself. It sucks.
She is super low hours and was babied since she was born, all OEM parts and supplies, all Amsoil fluids, and now this.

Pictures

She went down on Friday, and she will be pulled out on Monday, so she will be 3 days in the water.
On one hand pictures look real bad, on the other hand these are supposed to be designed to work rice fields in Asia, submerged all day to the floor boards.
Once I pull her out, I plan not to start her for a couple of days.
Will change air filters, oil and front diff fluids. Anything else?
Maybe spray wd-40 all over engine compartment?

/ Screwed up big time :mad #2  
I'd have that out in less than an hour with my high lift farm jacks, scrap wood from my shop, and some used pallets to drive over the creek. Worst thing you did there was keep on trying to move.

As far as cleaning, just hose it off and start using it. Of course, check the fluids.

/ Screwed up big time :mad #3  
Any friends with trucks and good sized winches?
stuck a few trucks in rivers or mud bogs over the years and nice slow pull and breaking the suction is usually key.

Hope everything is ok when it 's out and all goes well getting unstuck.

/ Screwed up big time :mad #4  
It happens part of owning tractor.
Yup filters fluids, pressure washer set for strong mist plus,also cover area intake while washing,plus give radiator good cleaning.

/ Screwed up big time :mad
Didn't disconnect the battery as the terminals are just barely above the water.
Hooked it to my wifes Toyota Sequoia, and it won't even budge.
Don't have anything larger, and I am inexperienced in this kind of work.
Earliest I can get somebody with large equipment is Monday. My buddy is bringing a good size excavator to pull me out.

/ Screwed up big time :mad #6  
If it was my luck, there would be a flash flood on the creek overnight and everything washed away.

/ Screwed up big time :mad #8  
I pulled my 5000 pound tractor out with a big tree and a 6000 pound come-a-long from TSC. Log chains and straps. Click click click. It was buried like yours minus the water. Give it a shot!

/ Screwed up big time :mad #9  
I'd have that out in less than an hour with my high lift farm jacks, scrap wood from my shop, and some used pallets to drive over the creek. Worst thing you did there was keep on trying to move.

As far as cleaning, just hose it off and start using it. Of course, check the fluids.

I am intrigued. I assume you would put the farm jacks on the scrap wood but how would you keep the wood from sinking into that mess? Where would you lift?

Just asking as I have a place on my bottom that I hope I don’t get stuck in when going to mow this year. I bottomed out our can-am defender there a few days ago checking the field and had to use the winch to pull it out.

/ Screwed up big time :mad #10  
Might try laying a couple lugs under the bucket but perpendicular to it. Could at least then raise the front end up out of the water. (maybe) Might also pull back out easier with the front end up out of the muck.

Edit: Should say "couple logs" :)

Last edited: