Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands?

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
Am I missing something? Pretty sure there isn't a zerk on-top of my front wheel cases on either side as indicated in the manual.

wheel_case_zerk_manual.png 20180611_124350.jpg

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #2  
Looks totally different...

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #3  
The earlier versions of the L series had the upper and lower bearings and the grease zerks. My L3130 and newer do not have them. Some people think the older style is a better design with less problems.

David

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #4  
My old L4200 didn't have those zerk fittings.

My new L5060 has thezerk fittings as shown in the diagram.

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands?
My old L4200 didn't have those zerk fittings.

My new L5060 has thezerk fittings as shown in the diagram.
Odd. I suppose I should have specified the photos are of my L4060. Found the manual online for the screenshot, but it matches my owners manual & workshop manual.

I wonder if that's one of the differences between the L4060 & slightly higher HP Grands. I know the slightly higher HP ones can take the bigger loader, but really aren't any physically larger than the L4060 other than tires.

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #6  
That is the problem w/ premium tractors, they just don't have the grease fitting that the base models enjoy. My MX has those desired fittings.

EDIT: Does the 4060 have smaller tires than larger 60 series? That would be surprising?

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands?
That is the problem w/ premium tractors, they just don't have the grease fitting that the base models enjoy. My MX has those desired fittings.

EDIT: Does the 4060 have smaller tires than larger 60 series? That would be surprising?
All of the Lxx60s are within about 200lbs of the previous model. Tires/wheels & engines get bigger, but not the tractor footprint. The L4760 & up can take the big loader, but my L4060 can only spec the medium or small loader.

I'm guessing they swap the axle as they move past the L4060 based on what I'm seeing. I've suspected that in the past based on the loader options, but never investigated.

All things being equal I'd prefer to not have grease fittings. If the axle oil can properly lube things, it will stay cleaner & be less maintnance. But things are rarely equal, so I'm guessing there are some compromises in there somewhere. Probably extra strength in the zerked design that I assume is on the higher HP Grands.

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #8  
Must be the heavier rated axles that have the dual support design. Needing to replace my bevel gearcase seals and probably bearings as the seals are leaking and wishing I had the dual support bearings.

David

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #9  
That is the problem w/ premium tractors, they just don't have the grease fitting that the base models enjoy. ...............................................

So does that reclassify my Grand L5060 tractor, which has those grease fittings, as a "base model tractor? :confused3:

/ Front wheel case support grease zerk on the Grands? #10  
This one caught me also on my L4060. If you look at the “Lubricants, Fuel, and Coolant” chart on p89 of the owners manual it shows the 3560 and 4060 with no grease points for the front wheel case support. Only on the 4760 and higher.