Tight throttle on B7610

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #1  

v8dave

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7610
Anybody have a tight throttle on their Kubota and find out how to get it to operate smoother?

My B7610 now has 35 hours. I'm moving a lot of dirt from some excavation to the back of the property. I try to set the engine speed around 2,100 to 2,200 rpm to take it easy on me and the tractor. The hand throttle is easy to set at lower speeds. But, at the higher end of the range the throttle is so tight it is difficult to set engine speed accurately. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

When I take it in for the 50 hour, I'll have it checked. But, in the meanwhile, is there something obvious I can do? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks,
Dave

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #2  
Hey Dave,
I got a L3010 a couple years ago and 235 hours later that throttle is still tight. I WD-40'd it when new to help a little. It is easier for me to bump the throttle with the palm of my hand than to move it a smiggin by pushing or pulling. I was bothered by it at first, but have gotten used to it now.

Moon of Ohio

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #3  
Dave, I have a B7610 with around 40 hours on it and the throttle is very tight. I just figured that I would get used to it. I am one of those people that adjusts to the equipment rather than have the equipment adjust to me. My brother is the opposite.

Donald B.

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #4  
Its better to have it too tight than too loose. A Steiner that I run regularly has a loose throttle cable and the engine speed changes slowly over time.

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #5  
The throttle on my B7800 is tight also. I thought about it for awhile and also decided that a) I could adapt and b) too tight better that too loose.

Maybe it's a new slogan: " Kubota's Have Tight Throttles!! "

Mike

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #6  
Look at the bottom side of the dash where the throttle lever comes through. There should be two nuts on the shaft, top is the adjustment, bottom the lock nut. You can loosen them to decrease the friction on the lever.

/ Tight throttle on B7610
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Look at the bottom side of the dash where the throttle lever comes through. There should be two nuts on the shaft, top is the adjustment, bottom the lock nut. You can loosen them to decrease the friction on the lever. )</font>

Great, /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll see what can be done. I need to lube up the loader before operating it tomorrow. While I'm poking around and getting greasy, I'll investigate this too.

Looks like this is a prevalent situation on Kubotas though. I'll post a follow up on how well I do or how much I screw it up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #8  
Throttle on BX and 2410--very tight--I think it is intentional. J

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #9  
my b2400 is the same. lubed the heck out of it(better now ) but still best to bump it with my palm. not really a prolem as u get used to it.

/ Tight throttle on B7610
I may end up living with this just like the majority of the posters are suggesting. I went out this afternoon and looked over the "dash." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The workshop manual shows to gain access to the under dash area you need to pull the steering wheel and then the instrument cluster (which pops off a set of clips). /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think I'll wait for the 50 hour service and ask the mechanics about the process.

Dave