Oil & Fuel Fuel Consumption

/ Fuel Consumption #1  

gduff

Tractor
Kubota L3830HST
I had a B7800 and if memory serves it seems like I was getting about 1 gallon per hour fuel consumption on the tractor hour meter. I purchased a L3830 a few weeks ago and I seem to be getting about 11/2 gph on the tractor hour meter. Typically I am mowing with a 6' RD mower, running a 5' rotary cutter or doing some FEL work. As the 3830 is still under 50 hours I have been running about 2300 rpm, but as I understand it the hour meter equates to PTO speed anyway. I am curious what others are getting for fuel consumption, as this seems a little strange. (Maybe it isn't working the bigger tractor as hard?) My measurements are only based on the fact that the 3830 came with a full tank of fuel. When I last filled it, the tractor had 32 hours on it and that fill-up represented a total use of 20 gallons of fuel.

/ Fuel Consumption
A little typo problem! I should have said 11/2 hours per gallon.

/ Fuel Consumption #3  
Of course, it will vary with the load on the tractor, but basically that sounds to me like just a little too much fuel usage for the B7800 (not real bad, though) and very good on the L3830. That's based on the fact that I figured I averaged about .7 gph on my B2710.

/ Fuel Consumption #4  
gduff,

My 25 year old L345 gets about 1.5 hrs per gallon also. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, you could have edited your post, and no one would have known about your typo. Of course, now that I've replied to your follow up post, that will be hard to pull off surreptitously. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Fuel Consumption #5  
my 3830HST gets a little better than 1hpg running 2650rpm at seven miles a hour, full pedal mid range. thats running a 6 foot bush hog or rfm. trade that 5 foot cutter for a six, i did and can't even tell it's back there.

/ Fuel Consumption #6  
I kept records on my L4610 with cab & air for the first 47 tanks. The worst was .9 hrs per gal and the best was 1.3 hrs per gal.

That was based on the hour meter which I think registers 1 hour in about 45 minutes @ PTO speed.

A week or two ago, I ran it at PTO speed for 8 actual hours without the tractor air conditioner running( I failed to watch the hour meter), pulling a 17 KW generator when we had a power outage. The load was the complete house & farm buildings, including a 3 ton central air conditioner. It burned 1 gal per hour in that case.

/ Fuel Consumption #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A week or two ago, I ran it at PTO speed for 8 actual hours without the tractor air conditioner running( I failed to watch the hour meter), pulling a 17 KW generator when we had a power outage. The load was the complete house & farm buildings, including a 3 ton central air conditioner. It burned 1 gal per hour in that case. )</font>

Funny...17KW generator, 1gph...I wonder how that compares to one of those throw-away 5KW gens that you can buy at Wal-Mart or the like? Seems to me they would burn almost as much, if not more, for 1/3rd the power. No wonder I'm a diesel-head!
Ok, I'm done. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif