But sweetheart the BX is overworked

/ But sweetheart the BX is overworked #1  

Hootie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Kubota ZD 221, Kubota Grand L 5030 HSTC, Kubota RTV, Polaris 500ATP
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif It worked. 2200 is 2 years old and has 437 hrs. on it and I have been looking at a new toy (Kubota ZG23) zero turn mower. Took the wife to the Bota dealer with me and we started looking. I really landed on a diesel but decided to keep the $2500 and go with the 23hp kohler, especially since this is a second mower. Now if this was going to be our only mower I definately would have gotten the diesel. I can honestly recommend this machine. It will get after it!! 54"deck and overall set-up gives a really nice cut. The BX is an awesome mower, but this is a really good finish mower. I can sure tell a difference in the yard around the house where there are undulations and such. I am very pleased with this for my application. The wife loves it. She was a little intimidated at first but has a good handle on the controls now and mows up a storm. I looked at many makes and models. The Bota had some features that the others did not and couple that with the good relationship I have with my Bota dealer and it was an easy decision. Me and my BX can now do tilling, boxblading, post hole digging and all the other stuff without the removing and mounting of the deck. I never liked doing much other work with the deck on. Of course the BX will do some occasional mowing. Life is GOOD!!!

/ But sweetheart the BX is overworked #2  
Hootie; I am thinking about doing exactly what you did, buying a ZTR (probably a ZG23) to complement my BX. Interesting to hear that I am not the only one thinking this way! Please keep us posted on the ZG continues to work for you. Did you notice any difference in mowing time between the 54" deck and the 60" deck on the BX?
Good Luck,
Will

/ But sweetheart the BX is overworked #3  
I want a Kubota front mower 4x4 diesel, One day maybe

/ But sweetheart the BX is overworked
Since is have the BX 2200 I really wanted a ZD instead of a ZG. I love these 'Bota diesels. I am really impressed and pleased with the 23 HP Kohler on this ZG23. As to time, it is much faster, gives a higher quality cut and heck is just plain fun to ride. My wife is really attached ot it and while she was intimidated at first is right at home with it. Kubota has done some good stuff to this machine with the hydro lift pedal, ROP's, gas guage. I know there are alot of quality ZTR's out there but I am very satisfied. As with any mower, a sharp set of blades makes all the difference.