Kubota 7500HST

/ Kubota 7500HST #1  

ddw

Tractor
Simplicity 9020
Recent owner of used 7500 HST. Love it. Changed all oil. lubed, filter etc. Has a little yellow dip stick just under the seat for tranny, etc. How are you supposed to see the oil level against the yellow dip stick. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ddw

/ Kubota 7500HST #2  
I take a black permanent marker and color the bottom of dipstick with it, check oil level, and then wipe off the marker ink until next time.

/ Kubota 7500HST #3  
I lay the dipstick on my finger and roll it a bit, then the fluid level shows clearly. There is one thing that I don't understand about this dipstick. When I first pull it, it is always almost dry. After that, it measures right on. It's like I have to break the seal on that first dip to get an accurate level measurement. Anybody else experience this?

Greg

/ Kubota 7500HST #4  
Very similar to what Greg does - I lay it against a piece of brown paper towel or napkin and see where tha oil transfers................chim

/ Kubota 7500HST #5  
Yep, Greg, I think you're right about breaking a seal. I think the engine running and circulating the oil pulls the level down at the dipstick and the air in that space doesn't let the oil level come up until you remove the dipstick and then re-insert it. Just a guess as to why that happens since I can't think of any other reason. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kubota 7500HST
What a great forum. Thanks for the suggestions. At my age [73], I need all the help I can get.