Simple Tool Box

/ Simple Tool Box #1  

FarmerBob

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2600DT
I can't imagine for the life of me why toolboxes don't come standard on all tractor models. It can't cost that much more for the manufacturer and could be easily added to the cost of the tractor. I just purchased a new L2600DT. In order to get a toolbox I would have had to opt for the L3010, B2710, or one of the other "fancy" tractors and a whole bunch more money. All for a simple toolbox /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

So... can anybody tell me if Kubota or other aftermarketer offers a toolbox to mount on the L2600?

Thanks...
FarmerBob

/ Simple Tool Box #2  
I'm not familar with layout of your 2600, but you can use a little ingenuity.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

You can mount to the rops/fender area...something small like under 16" {remember you're not going to rebuild that Kubota in the field}, plastic {so it doesn't rust}...

I used a U-bolt mounted to rops on top of the fender. Sears sells cheap black plastic boxes under $10. or splurge and buy the Kubota or JD official toolbox with logo and all for say ~$40./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Simple Tool Box
Thanks John. I was hoping for something already made to fit so I wouldn't have to buy parts and pieces, but I'll probably end up having to engineer my own.

/ Simple Tool Box #4  
Hey! They put a (relatively small) toolbox under the seat on the B7500. That's not a fancy tractor! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif When I raise the seat 2 or 3 inches to accomodate my 6'2" frame, I think there will be a lot of room for a "real" toolbox./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I plan on getting one of those "el-cheapo" plastic boxes just for that.

The GlueGuy

/ Simple Tool Box #5  
The B2410 also has a small toolbox under the seat. It certainly has enough room for a few wrenches, pliers, extra pins etc. No room for chains or anything, but it'll do for me! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Kevin

/ Simple Tool Box
Gee... now you guys are tell'n me I went and bought the wrong tractor /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Unfortunately, the "B" series is considered somewhat of a "fancy" tractor. I looked closely at the flat floorboard with rubber coating, the fancy lever knobs, the composite (plastic) inserts in the fenders, and the hidden smokestacks... Then I decided that if I'd of wanted something other than a "real" tractor, I'd of bought me a Lexus /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Simple Tool Box #7  
Bob,

Not sure that a Lexus would pull your box blade, tiller or mower! Can see that as a serious problem! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Pretty sure that your Kubota can.... However, you probably could put a toolbox in the trunk of your Lexus without a problem.

Aahh well, I'm sure you chose wisely anyway! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Kevin

/ Simple Tool Box
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Now that's an interesting thought. All tractors should come with a trunk /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Simple Tool Box #9  
Then we would have a place for the CD changer, VCR, DVD, space saver spare and OnStar unit. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Roy

/ Simple Tool Box
I think we're on to something here Roy. Do you wanna apply for the patent or should I? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif