Does anyone have a cab on a BX22???

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I am still trying to find a cab to fit the BX 22 and so far, I have only located one manufacturer. Laurin in Canada. Winter is coming and I know that it is going to be another cold one, so protection is definitely going to be needed.... thanks....

Laurin Cabs.......

Attachments

• 461440-BX-22-FRONT.gif
    461440-BX-22-FRONT.gif
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,368
   / Does anyone have a cab on a BX22???
rear view of cab......

Attachments

• 461442-BX-22-BACK.gif
    461442-BX-22-BACK.gif
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,335
   / Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #3  
I have a 2200 with a cab.....In the spring it takes but 10 minutes to remove it for summer work. It is a Sims and has a hard window in the back so using the BH with the cab would be next to impossible.
The cab has a heater, defroster, and two forward and two rear lights. Fit and finish is good. Keeps me warm and dry when plowing or blowing snow.
Sims is in Worcester I think

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #4  
Junkman,

I'm almost positive I saw several photos, way back in the archives, of a 2200 with a soft side cab on it. If it wasn't the photos themselves that were in the archives, then it was a link to whatever server somewhere else that had the photos.

In the summer when I'm usin' the rough cutter to cut Russian Star Thistle, it's sometimes 111 degrees and the pulverived material from that stuff is poisonous. If I don't have on heavy duty goggles & respirator type filters, I get severe asthma problems. Loads of salty sweat in my eyes & all over the goggles makes it almost impossible to see anything. God what I'd give to have some little cab with an air conditioner and HEPA type air filter built into it!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Fact is, I'd be willin' to pay major bucks for one /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #5  
How much difference is there between the BX22 and BX2200? Sims has a cab for the 2200 and maybe one for the 22 if it is different. Give them a hollar. Here is their site Sims page

bx2200stdjpg.jpg

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22???
With the hoe off the tractor, the two (BX22 and the BX1800/2200) are the same tractor for all intent and purpose of fit, with the exception of the ROPS. The BX 22 has a higher ROPS than the others to accommodate the hoe. This is where the problem arises. The ROPS fits inside the cab and being higher on the BX22, this just won't work. I contacted Curtis in Worcester MA and asked them about it, but they at present don't have any intention of making a cab for the BX22/23 series, because of lack of sales interest. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #7  
The ROPS on the 2200 fits outside and behind the sims cab. There are two brackets that bolt on the cab and fit around the rops. I am not sure if the hinge on the 2200's rops would cause a problem or not.....

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #8  
I have a Curtis Cab on my BX2200 and the ROPS is outside the cab. The cab should fit without the backhoe on the tractor but I would check with the cab manufacturer first.

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #9  
How do you work the backhoe? the seats inside and the controls are inside?

/ Does anyone have a cab on a BX22??? #10  
Those laurins can be really expensive. Kubota also makes a factory cab thats much nicer than these other ones. It doesn't fix the BX23 though.