a couple dumb bx questions

/ a couple dumb bx questions #1  

richfromPA

Silver Member
Tractor
n.h. tc21d
hey all you bx owners,
ive had mine since the 6th and have 20 hours on it. 2 things ive noticed:
1. the mower deck on flat ground isnt parallel, the discharge side is a little lower. is it set up like that for a reason? ive never noticed that with any other mower ive had. is it some special bx thing??
2. in the owners manual, it says the lowering and lifting of the 3pt and mower deck, the control handle pops back into neutral when the stroke is completed. well, the raising part goes back to neutral but the lowering doesnt. besides reading the book and hurtin my eyes ( i hate instruction manuals) what is the adjustment on that?
thanks, rich
p.s. ill admit on question #2 im being lazy and all you guys that read and learned the way yer supposed to, if ya dont want to tell me, thats ok, ill understand /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.
bird knows im lazy, he taught me how to do that smiley face when i shoulda been readin how. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
rich

/ a couple dumb bx questions #2  
One side of the mower shouldn't be lower tan the other, but measure it at the blades to see for sure...it's hard to tell by the deck. It fairly easy to adjust, but your dealer should have made all the adjustments for you. If you want to do it yourself, the mower manual explains how to do it. As far as the control arm return, yours is behaving as mine does, and I actually prefer it that way, return on raise to take the load off the hydraulics, but sort of a "float" on lower.

/ a couple dumb bx questions #3  
My control arm has behaved like rich's since my tractor was new. I also would appreciate more feedback from BX owners regarding this. Thanks, Will

/ a couple dumb bx questions #4  
Will (and others), that's normal for a 3-point without position control. The reason is that when you raise the 3-point, it reaches its upper limit and the lever returns to center. However, when you're lowering the 3-point, with an implement attached, the implement contacts the ground and stops the 3-point from going any lower before it reaches its lower limit. No problem. I used to have the same situation when I was using my tiller behind my B7100.

Bird

/ a couple dumb bx questions #5  
Mine does the same, and I like it that way (as Bird noted, you want the implement to determine final resting place). If you want it differently, I believe that there is a way to set a lower limit. The adjusting rod has two nuts, one for the lower limit, and one for the upper limit. I adjusted the upper to where I wanted it, but left the lower limit to where the factory had set it, at the maximum.

Roy

/ a couple dumb bx questions #6  
I would say your dealer needs to readjust and level your deck--ask him to do it--make him do it --it is a brand new tractor. The control arm, like the others said, that is normal--it is doing what it is supposed to do. J