Plowing vs. Blowing

/ Plowing vs. Blowing #1  

bobhaybob

Tractor
Kubota B7100HSD
I just purchesed a 1993 B7100HSD with mid mower and turf tires . I purchased this tractor primarly to be able to remove the snow from my 300 foot long, steep lane even though I will probably use it more for mowing.
My previous tractor was a Case 195, which after 35 years (16 years in my service) broke an axel. I am currently trying to decide which method of snow removal would be best suted to this tractor. My Case had a 44 inch manual plow which allowed me to scrape the steep part of the lane bare.
What are your thought? Should I get another plow? Should I get a Snow Blower? Does this Tractor have anough PTO power (12hp) to handle a Snow Blower?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Bob

/ Plowing vs. Blowing #2  
bobhaybob
you like going forwards or backwards?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I've seen a snowblower mounted on the front of a B7100 using the mid-mount PTO. Your bio does not mention what state you are in, so how much snow are we talking? I've kept a 500 ft. driveway in Michigan clean with a B7100 (turf tires)and the rear blade.If there is about 4" or less you can pull the blade forwards, discharging to one side. Above 4" I had to turn the blade around and shove in reverse. You will find a lot of snowblower fans here, even my neighbor loves his, I just thought they're too much $$$ for something that would rarely be needed.I did consider investing in tire chains, if you have a lot of snow or especially on ice, you get real familiar with the traction lock.
regards
Mutt

/ Plowing vs. Blowing
Thanks for the info. I have updated my profile.

I am not fond of driving backwards on hills especially in the snow, But I am inclined to think that a front mount blower may be over kill, too expensive and hard to find around here. I've located a used front mount blade, which is what I had on my old tractor, so it looks like that's going to be the answer.