Got Rocks.....

/ Got Rocks..... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
This is just one of the many rocks that I have been moving this week. I have a friend here with an excavator uncovering the ledge and as he clears in front of the ledge, rocks magically appear out of no where. I think that Connecticut is more rocks than it is soil.. Picture 1

Attachments

• 463316-MVC-020S.JPG
    463316-MVC-020S.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 891
   / Got Rocks.....
another view.....

Attachments

• 463319-MVC-019S.JPG
    463319-MVC-019S.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 662
   / Got Rocks.....
Here is what it looks like before we uncover it...... This section should be uncovered by next week sometime and I will post a picture of what it looks like after it is cleaned.

Attachments

• 463322-MVC-017S.JPG
    463322-MVC-017S.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 690
   / Got Rocks..... #4  
what is this thing all about, I think I might love it..

Attachments

• 463392-TZ24DA_hood[1].jpg
    463392-TZ24DA_hood[1].jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 621
   / Got Rocks..... #5  
Looks like that loader may be lifting more than it is supposed to be capable of. I'm impressed...

Then again...knowing the poster...could be that it is hollow inside or a prop from the local film company... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Got Rocks..... #6  
Junkman,
Don't complain about Connecticut rocks. You can never have too many rocks.
If you were closer I'd be delighted to take some of them off you hands.(property)
Keep posting and I'll keep looking and wishing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Got Rocks..... #7  
I wish I had that in front of my house NOW, then part of my work would be done. I moved several this morning from my barn to the front of the house (Thanks Herschel), in preperation for what I know is going to be some backhoe work and moving rocks around. How is it that a rock weighing in at 100 pounds or more needs to be moved a couple of inches, and how can wives see that little bit of change............. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Got Rocks..... #8  
Yep, got rocks on the left coast too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll see your large flat rock and raise you one large oval rock. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You can see my spares in the background.

Dave

Attachments

• 463812-rock moving sm2.jpg
    463812-rock moving sm2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 489
   / Got Rocks..... #9  
That's a pretty big rock for a BX - I bet I know how he got it in there. I had some similar size rocks that I moved this weekend. found that by dragging them to the bottom of a slope with the tractor then strapping them to the bucket once I moved up the (very short) slope I would now have the rock neatly supported in the bucket which is now about a foot off the ground once I was back on the level. These were rocks I could not straight lift with the FEL. I was then able to carry them to where I wanted to dump them. I noticed in the back of Junkman's pics there is a slight rise so he might have used a similar technique to get the big rock in there. I pretty neat tractor magic trick.